2008 Yukon Hybrid Engine Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb 2008 Yukon Hybrid Engine Issues

I purchased my 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid brand new in February of 08 and it has been great for gas mileage and comfort. I have had the problem everyone is talking about with the truck kinda stalling and accelerating and to me it felt like the transmission was slipping so I've took it to my local dealership twice for this problem over the years I'm always told the same thing. We can't make it do what you are describing so nothing is wrong with it. Now I have less than 70,000 miles on this vehicle my local dealership has done all the routine service and maintenance I crank my truck up Monday and it starts revving up, shaking, and sounds like the motor is going to burst out of the truck. I immediately shut it down and call a tow truck to take it to the dealership they call me and tell me it sounds like the lifters or could be lifters and cam then tell me that it needs a new motor so now it's going cost me another $6400.00 on top of paying $58,000.00 before financing for my vehicle. I was told the cam and lifter problem has been seen in a lot of the hybrid vehicles and just wondering if I'm the only one with a low mileage well taken care of Hybrid having this problem.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator
Default Re: 2008 Yukon Hybrid Engine Issues

if you bring it to the same dealer where you had your issues before, they might consider it? I don't your issue though and have 139k miles already.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. I had it towed to the same dealership.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amanda2278
Thanks. I had it towed to the same dealership.
There are GM reps on this webpage and they are generally helpful in resolving problems with Dealers and warranty claims. If you still have problems let them know.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have found that the GM reps that lurk on the forums(this one and others) are not very helpful in my experience. While they do appear to be very helpful when replying on the forums, when it comes down to it, they run you around in circles and then offer a 10% discount(LOL). I started a dialogue with them several times about several well known and well documented "defects" and ultimately gave up, I found their patronizing attitude sickening.

You probably will have better luck with the general manager or service manager at your dealership or possibly the regional GM manager. My mother recently got the regional manager to replace the steering rack on her car that was well out of warranty but she's the original owner and the vehicle was maintained at the dealership.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

My 2008 Yukon Hybrid started running a bit rough at 62,000 miles. Took it to dealer and they replaced the engine! Now have 83,000 miles on and so far so good. All covered under warranty, so not sure if yours would be too.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

This sounds like an electronics issue. Ive never heard of an issue with cam and lifters. That certainly would not cause what you are describing.

Take it to another shop for diagnosis.

And ditto for the response regarding the GM reps on here. They are useless.

Read this Edmunds thread they seem to be all over. Just running people around in circles with no clue of what they are talking about. GM has obviously thrown a small budget at internet media campaigns in the forums. It really makes them look even more silly.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...4b/642?@guest@