2009 Escalade stalls when accelerating uphil

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 Escalade stalls when accelerating uphil

Just as the title says guys, when I'm on a steep incline and try to accelerate any more than a crawl the entire truck shuts off gas electric radio etc. I can immediately restart the truck. It seems as though its angle causing it but I have no idea how to test. I have tried even on a slight uphill I can floor it with no problem but after a certain point in acceleration and hill angle, I cant accelerate at all.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Escalade stalls when accelerating uphil

+Most likely a critical loss of 12V in the 12V system.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Escalade stalls when accelerating uphil

09 myHo
I recently bought a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and have been researching a lot, one of my first stops was at my local Advance Auto store to have the 12V battery checked. Mine is good and believe it or not everything is working good at over 196k miles, well maybe not Everything Haha my Stabiltrac dash light blinks on and off when taking a hard turn and when it is blinking the ICE will not accelerate..I think this is probably an issue with the 3.5" body lift that was installed by the previous owner along with the Mayhem 8106 Hatchets 10 x20 wheels and Nitto Grappler tires. It looks Cool though see pic above LOL. Please post back if you find out what your issue is and let everyone know. I have seen several threads where the "experts" here say it is the 12V battery but no confirmations that I have seen that swapping it out actually fixed the issue?
My biggest GRIPE right now on this Ho is that the drivers seat track has play in it and shifts back and forth. I see exactly what it is (a riveted pivot point) it does not look to be an easy fix. I am researching that now, it looks like the Hybrids got SPECIAL seats so I am not finding a lot of info yet. Oh and there was the rear window defogger that did not work but a new rear glass fixed that yesterday afternoon (200 bones materials/install and tax and they came to me what a sweet deal)
Really the only feature that I want is a Heated Steering wheel, it is a bummer that the 09 Tahoe does not have that, maybe the Escalade does?