2009 tahoe hybrid oil on plug and No start secure lockout

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 tahoe hybrid oil on plug and No start secure lockout

I drive 1200 miles round trip to my work.
Last trip we left a Pilot Gas station and after a few minutes the Tahoe started shuttering really bad. Pulled over into another gas station and hooked up my code reader showed P0301. Cyl 1 misfire detected.
I pulled #1 plug and it was wet with what appeared to be water. Turned out it was actually oil that I had just changed.
Anyway found out that 2 lifters on cylinder4 had collapsed in the block wedging the valves open. 2200.00 repair that was covered by extended warranty.

Very next trip down, last night, during a very hard rain my check engine light started flickering. It did this for several hundred miles until a P0605 code popped up. Soon after my security alarm lockout light came on.
I pulled over at a gas station to wait out the rain and couldn't restart the Tahoe. Eventually discovered that the 2 amp fuse for the security lockout system located inside the engine compartment had blown It didn't look blown but the fuse showed no continuity on the meter. I replaced it with an available 10 amp and the system cleared allowing me to continue on my way. I'm sharing this in case anyone else gets hit with the same problem.

Anyone know if there is a common issue with wiring harnesses? I spent a bit of time searching for solutions but found none.