2009 Yukon AFM DOD Delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Yukon AFM DOD Delete

Originally Posted by erick.oc
It works 100%. The only thing it does is keeps it out of V4. Still goes in autostop when it's below 30ish mph. No dash lights or quirks.
I’m currently deleting my dod because of a failed lifter. Tuning isn’t an option when I’m done. Do you think using Range will keep the truck from throwing codes ect without VLOM?

Old 07-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Lefebvre
I’m currently deleting my dod because of a failed lifter. Tuning isn’t an option when I’m done. Do you think using Range will keep the truck from throwing codes ect without VLOM?
Like written a couple of times above, the Range device does NOT cause your truck to throw codes. Everything works normally, no codes, except it is fully using the V8 and not dropping to V4. It's a nifty piece of equipment.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast

Is there any updates on this thread. I have 2013 Yukon Denali Hybrid. 135,000 miles. Accelerating from stop I get misfire dash light and code saying #6 misfire. I did find bad coil, but also had stuck lifter. Was able to free the lifter with the method and tool found on Youtube Crazed Performance. I'm concerned it will happen again, because I don't know the cause. It says on the Range Technologies website this device does not work on the 6.0. Others posted they haven't had any problems deleting the AFM with this device and all the hybrid functions still work. I'm curious how much the mileage changes and does it still used the hybrid battery under 30mph at low torque needs? Which device did you use? Should I order direct from Range Tech website?

Dirk

Originally Posted by erick.oc
Like written a couple of times above, the Range device does NOT cause your truck to throw codes. Everything works normally, no codes, except it is fully using the V8 and not dropping to V4. It's a nifty piece of equipment.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lvflyer
Is there any updates on this thread. I have 2013 Yukon Denali Hybrid. 135,000 miles. Accelerating from stop I get misfire dash light and code saying #6 misfire. I did find bad coil, but also had stuck lifter. Was able to free the lifter with the method and tool found on Youtube Crazed Performance. I'm concerned it will happen again, because I don't know the cause. It says on the Range Technologies website this device does not work on the 6.0. Others posted they haven't had any problems deleting the AFM with this device and all the hybrid functions still work. I'm curious how much the mileage changes and does it still used the hybrid battery under 30mph at low torque needs? Which device did you use? Should I order direct from Range Tech website?

Dirk
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VHGJHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VHGJHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the 6.0 Hybrid Tahoe. 2009. The AFM delete works FLAWLESSLY. No codes. Mileage is about 19.5 combined. Hybrid battery still works. That link I posted above is the exact amazon listing I ordered from.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

Update. Picked up Yukon and lifter immediately stuck again. Here's my choices now. Already cost $75 in labor and $35 for tool. Will cost $75 again to unstick then $180 for delete module or $800 to replace. If I don't replace it now and rely on the delete module I would think that would devalue the vehicle quite a bit. I would have to secure the module so it is not removed and I won't be able to use my reader while driving. Have to make sure if ever left at the dealership or mechanic they never run it without the module. If I replace there is no guarantee another lifter won't stick down the road so would have to replace and get the delete module for an assurance.

Dirk

Old 10-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

m4 seems to always run b8 on my rig

my lifters died @ 92k

I'm in the process in making a claim with the shop they SCREWED up my oil change ran low on oil and starved my lifters... they only hand tightedn the filter and it came loose Lost 4qt in 4 hours

sounds like a diesel engine on a cold start

This was not a natural death of it They forgot to tighten the filter and oil plug

I ran 4k OCI worked perfectly and ALWAYS had clean oil not a speck of carbon in the oil when it was changed @4k miles

I'm really sad I paid $13,000 8 months ago with 84k

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 10-22-2019 at 09:40 PM.