2010 Escalade Hybrid Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Default 2010 Escalade Hybrid Extended Warranty

Hi everyone,

Glad to have found this forum. Newbie here. Just bought a 2010 Escalade Hybrid Platinum with 75k miles on it. I wasn't able to discuss the coverage of the original warranty with the dealership coz i already got an extended warranty thru my credit union. I read somewhere here that original warranty covers hybrid components up to 8 years/100k miles and is transferrable. The Lade will just be my weekend car and will probably just be driving it 5-6k miles per year. The extended warranty that i purchased covers up to 3 years/36k miles only. I'm thinking of cancelling it as i'm primarily getting it because of the hybrid stuff (since i still have 3 more years on the original warranty). Can someone enlighten me if i should be concern with the other stuff other than the hybrid components and just keep the extended warranty i purchased? Or cancel it and buy it again after the original warranty expires? Thanks in advance and looking forward to many years of fun with my new toy!

Old 05-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Escalade Hybrid Extended Warranty

You may consider dropping it but look into what these various extended warranties actually cover.

Sometimes you still get stuck with 80% or so of a repair bill.

For instance... there is a person here who may be looking at a major engine repair. Hopefully he gets it fixed to his satisfaction and tells us what it was.

Then use his experience as a "prototype" for any coverage you may want to buy.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Sorry for the late reply but I usually get an alert if somebody replies in the forum. Anyway, yes the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty. Make sure your extended warranty cover everything like nav, shock absorbers and heating and cooling seating elements. Otherwise, drop it.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't gone into those details yet with regards to shocks, nav, etc. but suspension's (arms, ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, arm shaft and bushings) covered with vehicles under 85k upon purchase. Also, air conditioning, steering, brakes, cooling (radiator, fan clutch, water pump, cooling fan motor), fuel delivery, electrical, engine, transmission, drive axle assembly (2 wheel drive) & hybrid components. Like i said previously, i will probably be using it for only about 5k/year and this extended warranty will only cover additional 36k miles more (i have 75k now)/3 years.

@evois, i read about your 2009 hybrid that was almost 200k when you traded it in so you probably has the most experience when it comes to this.

Still debating...

Old 03-29-2017, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

I found the noise! It was the transmission dip stick tube rattling on the a/c line. If anyone has this annoying issue check that first.