Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2010 escalade hybrid will not move (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2010-escalade-hybrid-will-not-move-31964/)

Adam Coover 06-05-2019 04:35 PM

2010 escalade hybrid will not move

ok so I have found a 2010 escalade for sale. It has 190k....... anyways the business owner drove home and came out the next day and it will not move. He wishes to sell it but trying to get an idea of what could be the issue. He states the dash lights up and seems completely normal like aways but will not start or move. Any ideas with this information. Thank you adam

S Keith 06-05-2019 07:32 PM

Re: 2010 escalade hybrid will not move

Absolutely, positively do not buy it.

Adam Coover 06-06-2019 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 268128)
Absolutely, positively do not buy it.

Why is that lol

Adam Coover 06-06-2019 03:40 AM

If anyone can lend any information on this I would greatly appreciate that. My assumption is the battery but as I read could it possibly be the 12v battery alone? If the 12v went dead we will assume the radio was left on. After the 12v goes dead does the vehicle appear dead? I ask because there are dash lights still etc. if the 12v is even low does it limp the truck down enough to not move or start because the systems do not have the correct voltage to communicate correctly?

Jaime 06-06-2019 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Coover (Post 268130)
If anyone can lend any information on this I would greatly appreciate that. My assumption is the battery but as I read could it possibly be the 12v battery alone? If the 12v went dead we will assume the radio was left on. After the 12v goes dead does the vehicle appear dead? I ask because there are dash lights still etc. if the 12v is even low does it limp the truck down enough to not move or start because the systems do not have the correct voltage to communicate correctly?

First thing to do is recharge or replace the 12V battery. Are you able to see the voltage reading in the instrument cluster display? If the 12V battery is low, its possible to get dash lights, but it will not have enough power to run all the computers needed to initiate the process to start the engine. The engine is started from the high voltage battery but it needs the 12V battery to be good so the battery control module can close the contactors inside the battery pack.

Since it has 190K miles, it probably needs a new high voltage battery, so keep in mind that will cost you $3000-4000 new from the dealer.
The only way I would buy that Escalade would be if it was cheap enough that you could sell it for parts and make your money back that way if unable to fix it.

Adam Coover 06-07-2019 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jaime (Post 268136)
First thing to do is recharge or replace the 12V battery. Are you able to see the voltage reading in the instrument cluster display? If the 12V battery is low, its possible to get dash lights, but it will not have enough power to run all the computers needed to initiate the process to start the engine. The engine is started from the high voltage battery but it needs the 12V battery to be good so the battery control module can close the contactors inside the battery pack.

Since it has 190K miles, it probably needs a new high voltage battery, so keep in mind that will cost you $3000-4000 new from the dealer.
The only way I would buy that Escalade would be if it was cheap enough that you could sell it for parts and make your money back that way if unable to fix it.

2500? I would assume that’s safe ??

Adam Coover 06-07-2019 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Coover (Post 268144)
2500? I would assume that’s safe ??

ALso they said they charged the 12v and nothing changed

Jaime 06-07-2019 08:01 PM

Don't make a purchasing decision without first getting a scan tool and reading the codes. It may give a clue as to what is wrong and help with bargaining. Also consider the condition of the gas engine. Was it running correctly before? Was it burning oil? It would be unfortunate if you fixed whatever electrical problem it currently has and then figured out the gas engine had major issues.

Tahoe_08 06-09-2019 06:51 PM

i would only offer 1000 not a penny more but that is just me...

Not worth any money unless you live in California or Hawaii which have the HIGHEST gas prices it would fetch about $7000-9,000 OR 10k-12k northern state if it has 4x4 option )
anywhere else 5-6k..

The engine is NOT started by the 12v+
it's started by the HIGH voltage battery pack

it's a HIGH SPEED start 1500 RPM :)

the HV battery terminals might need to be serviced OR the cooling fan is blocked up or dead

these will prevent it from starting

has he tried starting it in NEUTRAL gear?

could be a bad safety switch..

dnt1010 06-12-2019 12:29 AM

If a 4x4 and in good shape cosmetically inside and out I would risk it at $1,000.00 to see if it is possibly something simple. PullAPart will come and haul it off and give you 500 LOL