2011 Yukon Hy - GreenBean Ordered 193K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2011 Yukon Hy - GreenBean Ordered 193K Miles

Original thread for issues I was having/OBDII Scans and attempt at Prolong Recondition here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...21/#post266530

Ive hobbled along for a couple months and after having two instances of the truck shutting off while driving, trying to scrape out a few more miles doesn't seem worth it (one time I was on major highway at 65MPH, another pulling out of parking lot onto main road) and obvious nothing in my control is going to bring this puppy back.

that said i guess it was pretty obvious given the crazy spreads of voltage.. in any event I started this thread to show progress and keep tabs as I just ordered a Green Bean hybrid replacement ($2,349) after bunch more research. This price includes installation at my residence, and 5 Year Full Warranty.
Installation scheduled for 10/24 at 8:30AM EST. Plan to put info and feedback from the install into here and post OBDII scans, as well as every few months or year put an update.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2011 Yukon Hy - GreenBean Ordered 193K Miles

By OBDII scans, I assume you mean the logs of the block voltages vs. SoC? If so, please do as I'm eager to see it.

Consider also that you've spend $2349 on a pack that likely has > 100K miles on it and is > 10 years old. If it's not, then that means it's constructed from Generation 3 modules, which tend to be damaged by their host vehicles (2010+ prius, Camry, GS450h, GM, Avalon, CT200h, etc.) much more so than their Generation 2 counterparts. While it has a 5 year warranty, there is no way in hell that it will last anywhere near as long as the original. You should expect 1-2 replacements within the warranty period. Hopefully, they'll still be in business in 5 years.

Regardless of a new battery warranty, you're buying NEW cells, which are very likely to perform comparably to the original.

If your decision was made purely by dollars, and you don't have any expectation of performance beyond 5 years, then GB is the best decision. If you're looking to make this car last another 100K+, then the new battery is the best VALUE.

Anyway, please please please... post some logs when the new battery is installed...

Old 11-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2011 Yukon Hy - GreenBean Ordered 193K Miles

$2,500.00 does not seem all that bad for a Hybrid battery installed at your convenience with a 5 year warranty. It might have made sense to buy a NEW battery when your vehicle was newer and had less miles but yours is almost 8 years old and has close to 200k miles this seems to be a wise choice to me.................... and this is exactly what I will do when the time comes and if that option is still available. I have an 09 with 196k that is still going strong. . Please keep the thread updated.