2011 Yukon Hybrid A/C went out...1 month after warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2011 Yukon Hybrid A/C went out...1 month after warranty

I知 a DIYer and am half tempted just to buy a r-194a recharge kit with POE oil to try to recharge it. Literally my hybrid components warranty expired May 9. Also found a broken header bolt...being the AC and aluminum 6.0L are hybrid specific, has anyone had any luck getting dealer to recharge their A/C within warranty, let alone just out of it?

Last edited by SonomaGTLS6; 06-10-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2011 Yukon Hybrid A/C went out...1 month after warranty

Are you replacing system components? Unless you have replaced a component or had a line leak that released system oil you do not need to add any refrigerant oil. The Hybrids specify a special refrigerant oil but if you just need to recharge the AC just use R-134A without any additives. Do you have a set of manifold gauges? I hate to see people go at this blind without proper equipment especially when you can buy a set so cheaply.......I love my expensive Yellow Jacket Equipment, but it is not a necessity. A cheap set less than 50 bones (tank of fuel) will work just fine for the occasional user.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. I知 not sure if the oil leaked out but will look before either taking it in or doing it myself. I may just buy a manifold set since one of my other cars AC is also getting weak...I know i致e seen the dual gauge kits at Harbor Freight.

If I did have to add oil, do you know the procedure for that?

Old 06-12-2019, 05:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SonomaGTLS6
Thanks for the response. I知 not sure if the oil leaked out but will look before either taking it in or doing it myself. I may just buy a manifold set since one of my other cars AC is also getting weak...I know i致e seen the dual gauge kits at Harbor Freight.

If I did have to add oil, do you know the procedure for that?
Toyota recommend that you not use equipment that is exposed to non-hybrid oil, i.e., if you get a set of manifold gauges for the hybrid, only use them on hybrid-electric compressors. Honda too. I assume GM would be the same since contamination with non-hybrid oil has the same implications.