Braking

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Teufel Hunden
Question Braking

Anyone else noticed a "grabbing" sensation during normal stopping? I was in traffic yesterday and when I pressed the brake pedal my Tahoe "lurched" like I had slammed on my brakes. The only reason I am asking is because it hasn't happened since and although I am 99.9 percent certain that I didn't press hard on the brake there is still that .01 percent human factor. If it happens again I'll take it in to get looked at but I don't want to jump the gun over one incident.

Monty

Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Braking

nope, I don't recall any grabby braking.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USMC_Retired
Anyone else noticed a "grabbing" sensation during normal stopping? I was in traffic yesterday and when I pressed the brake pedal my Tahoe "lurched" like I had slammed on my brakes. The only reason I am asking is because it hasn't happened since and although I am 99.9 percent certain that I didn't press hard on the brake there is still that .01 percent human factor. If it happens again I'll take it in to get looked at but I don't want to jump the gun over one incident.

Monty
Sounds like you might have super sensitive feet to feel what most people would probably not. Nothing wrong with that. I can feel something through the pedal as well. I felt it on my TCH. Keep an eye on it and if need be drive another and make sure yours is doing the same. After running mine through a brushless car wash, the brakes felt grabby to me but soon settled down. It might also be that with the weather, your brakes are really cold.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Teufel Hunden

I haven't experienced it since so I'm leaning toward it being my imagination...I'm also hearing noises in the Tranny when I decelerate/accelerate. I'm just going to ignore it until it becomes a problem and then let my warranty handle the problem! Meanwhile, I'm getting AWESOME gas mileage and I love all of the amenities that come with the vehicle! Thanks for the post.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USMC_Retired
I haven't experienced it since so I'm leaning toward it being my imagination...I'm also hearing noises in the Tranny when I decelerate/accelerate. I'm just going to ignore it until it becomes a problem and then let my warranty handle the problem! Meanwhile, I'm getting AWESOME gas mileage and I love all of the amenities that come with the vehicle! Thanks for the post.
You may have read a previous thread regarding tranny module issues?
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ew-ride-20800/

Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Teufel Hunden

I did see that...I think I'm in denial because I don't want to lose my vehicle for two weeks! My noise really isn't identical to that post because mine does it during normal engine operation when both accelerating and decelerating. It's not really a rattling either...more like a light "clunk" almost reminds me of a worn out U-joint but not quite as pronounced. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out...I'm crossing my fingers that mine is just still in the "break-in" phase! ;-)