Can the GM SUV hybrids charge its own dead 12v battery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can the GM SUV hybrids charge its own dead 12v battery?

Originally Posted by vunit82
I am having problems with my 2009 cadillac escalade hybrid.... There are no check ingine lights on, but have seen the" check engine ", "service hybrid system " lights have come on for a few minutes and turned itself off since I bought the s.u.v 7 mos ago. Every time the light came on I experienced a lunge, and stall between modes at low speeds. ..seems almost like maybe the 12v battery may be weak even though autozone tested it and told me it was good....I also am experiencing a loud electronic clicking sound coming from the throttle body every time I shut the car off...almost as if the throttle body is recalibrating itself. .I hooked up my scan tool and found 3 codes...two codes being the same exact code..(2).POAC4 AND (1) POBBD code....these codes were only in the history. ..again no check engine light is on .....plus electic running boards even went up slowly yesterday. ...I have noticed this cold weather and rain are causing more frequent stalls and lunges and even seems to hesitate in reverse after a cold start...I hope it's not time to change the 300v battery. ...please help me somebody! !!! I tried jump starting someone 3 mos back and have noticed all these symptoms come and go ever since...would that of caused it to throw them codes? I wrote them down and deleTed them all...haven't seen them since but still have the throttle body loud clicking, slow running boards and lunges..again please help!
Likely a bad cell(or several) on the 300V battery. you can change them yourself if you are a bit handy, look up "Replace Prius cell" there are lots of videos on youtube for checking & replacing cells, it's same process for the Tahoe/Escalade.