Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Can I Disable AFM? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/can-i-disable-afm-31387/)

tiktok4321 11-09-2017 03:28 PM

Can I Disable AFM?

Since the major engine work I've recently endured, I've been wondering about disabling the Active Fuel Management system - a VERY popular action by 08-09 5.3, 6.0, 6.2L owners. Anyone know if this would affect the hybrid system?

tiktok4321 11-09-2017 03:34 PM

Re: Can I Disable AFM?

Obviously mine was not a bad injector. It was another stuck lifter. I spent another $1600 to replace the cam shaft and all the lifters again.

I'm afraid if you have a stuck lifter, you may have worn cam lobes. And there is also a plastic tray that the lifters sit in that tends to crack, causing the lifters to spin around and get stuck.

How did yours turn out?

Hillbilly_Hybrid 11-16-2017 09:37 AM

There is a 5-Way plug way in the back of the engine not too far from oil pressure sender. If you un-plug it. No AFM. There will be codes and a CEL.

If Auto-Stop is disabled, it affected the Hybrid.

Andrew Lefebvre 07-08-2019 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid (Post 264150)
There is a 5-Way plug way in the back of the engine not too far from oil pressure sender. If you un-plug it. No AFM. There will be codes and a CEL.

If Auto-Stop is disabled, it affected the Hybrid.

What about using the RANGE TECH. after deleting VLOM and new ls7 lifters? Will it throw codes?

POS-Yukon-Hybrid 05-02-2021 08:01 PM

Ok i have a question I have a 08 Yukon hybrid i did a dod afm delete i put a stock vvt cam non dod ls7 lifters and freshened up the motor i have nothing but issue cant keep it running no matter what i try have anyone done this ?

Tahoe_08 05-07-2021 03:13 AM

you used the wrong parts the only choice with the hybrid is to use the stock parts,,,

unless you can find someone to tune it

Range does disable the AFM but does not disable codes...

Rusty E Good 10-27-2021 02:31 PM

Summit racing sells afm delete kit, headers , tuners cams etc….. for our shity *** hybrids. Just had 2nd valve collapsed in 10000 miles. Same valve both times. I’m gonna by the delete kit get different heads and a Diablo 13 tuner. Hoping that will fix my dropping valve issue , my bogus no oil pressure issue I’ve gotten randomly or by weekly for last 5 yrs and the doggy acceleration from 0-60 them kicks in like a turbo issues truck only gets 14-16 mpg in the 6 yrs I e had it. Wasted my money on this thing. May as well Hd some performance to it.

on all cylinders in summit site they list all the stuff you can do that doneheads on here say can’t be done.

Tahoe_08 11-13-2021 01:37 PM

The range device works with the hybrid it does not disable AS though ( disconnect the hood sensor for that)