Code scanner that will reset HVC ID but also allows PCM modification

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Code scanner that will reset HVC ID but also allows PCM modification

My truck was in an accident and now it's disabled for the HVAC ID and probably airbag can anybody recommend a decent scanner alternative to the tech to that I reset it but also allow me to modify or calibrate speedometer and such like that and change sensor settings

Old 09-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Code scanner that will reset HVC ID but also allows PCM modification

Nobody can help me can you recommend a good scanner/tuner and general for me at least

Old 09-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Code scanner that will reset HVC ID but also allows PCM modification

Your truck has a crash sensor for the High Voltage. Right now the most likely only to reset it is with a GM scan tool. And no tool I know of allows you to change speedometer.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Your truck has a crash sensor for the High Voltage. Right now the most likely only to reset it is with a GM scan tool. And no tool I know of allows you to change speedometer.
So what is the recommended GM Tech 2 tool for an 09 Tahoe Hybrid. I see that they cost a few bones but owning a 9 year old hybrid with 196k miles looks like it would make having one on hand a necessity. I did a quick internet search and just became even more confused LOL

Old 10-31-2018, 12:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The Tech 2 or newer MDI are the GM tools.