first recall...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: first recall...

Mine's back. I'll post after I drive it a bit.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine to. Nothing I can tell so far.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:13 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: first recall...took 1/2 hour...no changes at all

My Yukon seems to have not changed at all and is still performing flawlessly!

Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

No problems, no worries, in and out in an hour (I had an afternoon appointment), drooled over the new camaro for about 45 min, and was home by 3:00pm. Took it for a short ride from Chula Vista to Escondido (Wil animal park), No problems whatsoever!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 AM

It was a nice weekend at the Wild Animal Park! My AuPair drove it there, so I still don't know if it is different, but she said it ran perfectly. I'll probably get to drive it sometime this week. I just followed them into the park in my Cobalt to buy a new membership for her and the kids. It always seems to be 10 degrees cooler at the park entrance than at my house...

Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast

Ok,

1 Week after the upgrade, and I am noticing about 1.2 MPG increase.(I was getting 19.4 MPG in San Diego, now getting 20.6)

Of course traffic has been unreasonably light this week, so dunno i that has anything to do with it as well.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 AM
FLY NAVY!

Originally Posted by Cygnus9th
Ok,

1 Week after the upgrade, and I am noticing about 1.2 MPG increase.(I was getting 19.4 MPG in San Diego, now getting 20.6)

Of course traffic has been unreasonably light this week, so dunno i that has anything to do with it as well.
now that you mention it, I came back from a road trip 2 weeks ago and I haven't had to fill up yet....I am still running on the tank that I filled about 200 miles from home...! hummmm????

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

Well, I've put a few miles on it (~70) and a lot in-town. The instant-MPG meter is working differently. Less optimistic. Same terrain shows less time at 99mpg, yet the drive feels the same. I would say it probably indicates mpg quicker when switching from all-electric to hybrid mode. It seems to allow a slight bit more acceleration under electric power, before kicking in the gas engine. I just feel less-stressed trying to leave a light under electric power. Nothing scientific here, just seat of the pants.

It would be great to have a GM hybrid drivetrain guy on this site. It always helps when you don't have customers speculating...

Old 07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
apm
Enthusiast

Hi

I got a 2009 Yukon Hybrid manufactured 11/08 a few days ago with the recall still pending (it was a "certified used" never titled truck bought by the dealer at a GM Auction).

I took it for the recall and I complained to the service manager that no matter how slow I accelerated the ICE always would start at around 10MPH, which I thought was pretty slow for it to start.

The update took all day, not an hour as experienced by other people in this forum. I guess they haven't sold a lot of these at this dealer in Miami and still are not familiar with it. They told me that they had to call GM to get the procedure done.

After I got it back I was able to get up about 25MPH before the ICE started... seemed much better... I'm really looking forward to the MPG improvement over my Escalade ESV...

Old 07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

The mpg on my Tahoe has been going down since I picked it up less than two months ago. Only averaging 15-16 mpg now, at least it was 17-18 earlier. I'm taking it to the dealer again (it was there a month ago to check on errors I was receiving via OnStar). I asked them about the recall back then and they said the truck didn't need it. I assumed that it was taken care of before I bought it since it was relatively recent. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm having the same issue as apm, ICE typically comes on around 10 mph. I can get it to go to 20 mph once in a while, but I gotta be on completely flat road (or downhill) and feed little to no gas. Longest I've driven without ICE kicking in is less than a mile, mostly with a slight downgrade (right before my driveway), and I gotta be doing less than 20 mph. I don't think anyone on this board is getting worse mileage than me. Scary part is it seems to be getting WORSE.....

Last edited by CPMS; 07-29-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: first recall...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands