Fuel injector electrical plug removal - 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Fuel injector electrical plug removal - 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Anyone know the proper sequence to remove the electrical plug at the fuel injector? I cannot seem to find anything with this type of connection (see photos)

Attached Thumbnails Fuel injector electrical plug removal - 2008 Tahoe Hybrid-102_9728.jpg   Fuel injector electrical plug removal - 2008 Tahoe Hybrid-102_9729.jpg  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fuel injector electrical plug removal - 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

I think you need to pull back the green clip a little then squeeze

Old 05-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks HH. That's what I tried initially, but there seems to be nothing to squeeze. The large plastic connector (the one that holds the green and blue smaller connectors) is solid all around. There doesn't seem to be a place to squeeze anything, unlike the older 99-2007 connector type. But I am sure that raising the green clip first has something to do with the process. It must be simple... but it's beyond me at the moment. If someone knows exactly how this clip operates or the precise removal process, please share. I definitely do not want to break it to learn its operation.

Last edited by sprinter; 05-11-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:51 AM

Zooming in on the photo to the right of the green locking clip is what looks like a tab molded in to the body of the main connector. Lifting the clip up should allow the tab to be squeezed ( right to left )

Old 05-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks again HH. You are correct. That is exactly how it is removed. The problem in my case is that the actual connector I was working on had a burr located on the edge of that green clip. So even though it was pulled all the way out, the small burr prevented the grey tab from functioning the way it should. The funny thing is that it did bend when pushed, appearing to be functioning, but underneath it did not release the plastic tab allowing the connector to separate. I figured it out by playing with other unrelated injectors. Once I removed one, I understood it intricately. For others that may have a problem with this, it helped to spray a little silicon spray on the green clip and then push it down and back a few times to dislodge any burrs that may exist. The green clip can also stick a bit, appearing to be all the way up when in fact it is not. Of all the eight injectors (yep, I removed and reconnected them all) only one had this burr, and it happened to be the one that I needed to work on. Of course, go figure!

Last edited by sprinter; 05-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:54 AM

Murphy's Law