GM says no battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down GM says no battery

GM says they can't get a battery and don't know when they can get one. For the 2009 GMC Yukon hybrid, what to do now?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM says no battery

Have you tried other dealerships?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Have you tried other dealerships?
Tried the gmc dealership and they said the same thing. Aren’t these guys going to the same source? There’s a couple more gm dealers in town, we’ll try them then I guess go to the next town over?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 AM

They should be, but the quality of the person at the other end of the phone line can be highly variable.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

i can confirm. it shows na on the gm parts catalog. I work at a dealership and looking it right now

Old 01-24-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by dszx13
i can confirm. it shows na on the gm parts catalog. I work at a dealership and looking it right now

You must be one of the good ones.

Are they replacing it with a different part number? Have they gone back to the old part number? Any idea what GM plans to do now that the fleet is likely going to have an increase in the number of replacements?

I have seen Toyota packs with module manufacture dates as little as 30 days prior to the date I'm installing them in , so I can't believe they can be that far out.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
You must be one of the good ones.

Are they replacing it with a different part number? Have they gone back to the old part number? Any idea what GM plans to do now that the fleet is likely going to have an increase in the number of replacements?

I have seen Toyota packs with module manufacture dates as little as 30 days prior to the date I'm installing them in , so I can't believe they can be that far out.
I'm not sure what the deal is I just pulled it up again to look. I'm seeing one kit unavailable. I see another that is. That part number is 19117171. The kits contain the same parts buy idk. I'm a tech so who knows lol

Old 01-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

Has the same issue here in Texas on our 13 Denali.. Took 2 weeks to get the battery in stock. Originally said "not sure when or if we will get one" - crazy.. Luckily, they did.. Good luck..

Old 01-24-2018, 03:36 PM

With that kind of lead time, I suspect that GM isn't stocking them but ordering them either on demand or at various intervals.

Frankly, I would rather wait two weeks to get a fresh NiMH battery than install one that was made 7 months ago... I've had that happen ONCE on a Prius.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:22 AM
Enthusiast

I sure would love to have the number to the place that dealers call just to ask the questions yours asking s keith. Are they being manufactured on demand? Etc.

Quick Reply: GM says no battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands