Hello folks! New and already have a question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Teufel Hunden
Default Re: Hello folks! New and already have a question!

I'm only dropping mine 2" in the front and 3" in the rear...I will definitely have to be careful with the front end when parking in front of curbs. I usually go the other way (lift my vehicles vice lower) but I just like the look of the tahoe lowered. Besides, mine is 2WD and I use it for highway use. I have a 2500 Silverado that I play in the mud with! ;-)

Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Teufel Hunden

Oh, and I am not too sure about the wheel openings...I Know they look bigger but like you said it may be because of the front plastic giving it an optical illusion. I know that the Coefficient Drag is better on the Hybrid due to some redesign but not sure if wheel wells were part of that equation.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Chevy Man

Just to clarify, the reprogramming when wheels are replaced is done THROUGH and in the ABS module. That does NOT mean it has to just do with ABS. Many things are monitored through the ABS module including wheel speed sensors, as well as slippage and traction control parameters. There are also a bunch of other reasons, but I can not remember.

Just remember that you can put any wheels or aftermarket equipment on the truck (including lowering suspension), but if you have a warranty issue and they can tie the cause to the aftermarket equipment or wheels that are not GM approved you will be out of pocket for those repairs. In the current economic crisis and state of GM, I can see them enforcing their warranty policies more than ever.

As for the wheel wells, I am curious to see if anyone measures and compares them. I have thought that it is the aerodynamic adjustments they made which make them appear bigger. I know they trimmed the lower part of the wheel opening and runnign boards. I always had wheel flares on my Tahoes in the past which helped that.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Enthusiast

I compared my wheel wells to an LTZ and they are bigger for sure...especially the rear well.

I did find someone local to me that has some 07 18" chrome Escalade takeoffs for $400 with smooth center caps. At that price, I just have to pick them up and check them out on my Tahoe.

I will take pics for sure and post them.

So far I have done the following:
Black Front Emblem with chrome border
Black Rear Emblem with chrome border
LockPick
Parrot Bluetooth (this ROCKS by the way)
New Audio System (Alpine Type X-Pros, PDX-5 amp, JL Stealthbox)

Lovin' it!

Looking forward to more mods.

I may have to tint the windows darker next. I am thinking 20 all around.

Last edited by Gruson; 01-27-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gruson
So far I have done the following:
Black Front Emblem with chrome border
Black Rear Emblem with chrome border
LockPick
Parrot Bluetooth (this ROCKS by the way)
New Audio System (Alpine Type X-Pros, PDX-5 amp, JL Stealthbox)

Lovin' it!
Hey Bud,

Do you run the Parrot Bluetooth through the lockpic? Does it have video? I'm looking to get a bluetooth to run through the lockpic, but I don't know which one to get. If you run it through the lockpic, please let me know the model number. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

I bought the 3100.

I actually have it mounted on the left side, over the empty space on the dash. The 3100 is the perfect size for that location and still gives you a digital readout of the person calling.

Perfect location and easy to get to. It almost looks factory.

You program it to say each name in your phonebook. When a call comes in, it will kill the music and say the name of the person through your front left speaker....you press the green button to answer.

It does not put out video to the lockpick or Nav screen.

You will want a pro to install it, as it is not an easy install.

I had the mic installed over the rearview mirror. People can hear me perfectly.

Bluetooth is set to auto on my Iphone and as soon as get in my Tahoe, the Parrot registers my Iphone and I am good to go. All automatic.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Teufel Hunden

Got any pics of the finished install?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast

Here are some pics of the installed Parrot and Bass Control (I put in a high end audio system too).

I can use my cell phone as well as the Onstar line if need be...at times I will call them for directions, etc.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Chevy Man

Gruson,
I see you love your Parrott that is hooked up to your new audio system, looks great. Do you think it would work as well through the factory radio? I am not enough of an audio guy to not be happy with my OEM radio

Anyone else bought a Blue-Tooth kit yet that is wired into the LockPick? I am thinking of going with the GMX-322 LockPick and adding a Blue-Tooth kit to it. I noticed the Lockpick wiring harness has the wires to hook up a Parrott or other Blue-Tooth device directly, including a power and ground source . I like Gruson's pics and where he mounted his devise, but I have a 4WD and my controls are there. Parrott has a module so that it will work through the steering wheel controls and be completely invisible similar to the standard feature in the '09 models.

I am kind of pissed GM didn't have the Blue-Tooth in the '08 models. I have contacted everyone I know at GM service and Parts Operations and so far there has been no inclination that an upgrade kit will be available for the '08.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Chevy Man

I think I am going to order the GMX-322 & Ipod Lockpick combo when the Ipod ones are back in stock so I get the $40 savings by ordering them together. I am going to probably get the Parrott 3000 Evolution with the steering wheel interface and then install it all at once. I can install it myself since I have experience with these types of installs on Chevy vehicles which should save me some money. Now all I have to do is wait for the Ipod Lockpicks to get back in stock.

The Ipod Lockpicks look awesome and they also work with the Iphone. It literally installs in less than a minute behind the glovebox and you can see all of your songs, playlists, genres, and basically anything you see on your Ipod screen right on the Nav Radio screen.

Last edited by nicka; 01-30-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Hello folks! New and already have a question!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands