Hello folks! New and already have a question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello folks! New and already have a question!

Hey Nicka,
Ditto to all that you said. I just installed the GX-322 and it has cables just ready to be plugged into both audio and video of a bluetooth and it works through the stereo and stock screen so no need to install any extra unit. On Star still works, from what I have read. Just trying to figure out the best model. Please let me know if find anyting.
Thanks Gruson for the pics. Does look real nice.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

The Escalade hybrid comes with the standard Escalade's 22 inchers. And since these the Escalade has the identical powertrain, there should be no reason we cannot put the same 22" wheels on it. I am putting 22's on mine. I will keep the same size tires as the Escalade (which i believe is the same overall diameter as our stock 18").

Our local dealer has Escalade Hybrids w/ aftermarket 22's on them. I'm even wondering about 24's as long as the width and diameter don't wander (width is as important as overall diameter for causing more drag).

The only other consideration would be that rubber is lighter than metal, so the larger the wheel can wieght more. I am looking into forged wheels in the larger size to see if I can match the wieght. Does anyone know what a stock wheel weight. Supposedly they are lighter than the ordinary stock 18" GM wheels.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Chevy Man

Originally Posted by nicka
I am kind of pissed GM didn't have the Blue-Tooth in the '08 models. I have contacted everyone I know at GM service and Parts Operations and so far there has been no inclination that an upgrade kit will be available for the '08.
Update:
I recently heard from a reliable source at GM that there are tentative plans to release a Bluetooth integration kit for '07 & '08 Tahoe and Yukon models including the Hybrid, and it should function similarly to the factory system on the '09 and newer models. The date I was given was 5/1/09, but it is not official or public knowledge as far as I know. These should be available for install through the dealers or GM ADI's (licensed GM accessory vendor that goes to the dealer) which means they would also carry the GM warranty.

I had ordered a Bluetooth kit almost a month ago, but never received it so I am going to hold off on ordering another one hoping this will happen in May or at least by the summer. Thought this might interest some of you who have not had a Bluetooth kit installed yet.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Awesome, I'll hold off on the lockpick, and just get the older one to unlock NAV and DVD.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macmtr
The Escalade hybrid comes with the standard Escalade's 22 inchers. And since these the Escalade has the identical powertrain, there should be no reason we cannot put the same 22" wheels on it. I am putting 22's on mine. I will keep the same size tires as the Escalade (which i believe is the same overall diameter as our stock 18").

Our local dealer has Escalade Hybrids w/ aftermarket 22's on them. I'm even wondering about 24's as long as the width and diameter don't wander (width is as important as overall diameter for causing more drag).

The only other consideration would be that rubber is lighter than metal, so the larger the wheel can wieght more. I am looking into forged wheels in the larger size to see if I can match the wieght. Does anyone know what a stock wheel weight. Supposedly they are lighter than the ordinary stock 18" GM wheels.

Thanks,

Jason
Anyone know the weight? Anyone change their wheels?

I really want to get some chrome wheels.
The dealer wants to charge $1600 just to chrome the stock ones.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just as a point of reference, I have the BlueFusion kit installed in mine and I love the audio quality and I get the same comments from the distant-end. The one annoyance is that it uses the XM function of the head-unit, so when the call is over, I'm stuck listening to the "please, please, please keep us in business and subscribe to XM" recording, until I change back to FM.
Also, this kit was so easy to install, that I screwed up and removed the radio first before I figured out that you don't do anything other than remove the glove box. Simple, clean and good quality.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Anyone know the weight? Anyone change their wheels?

I really want to get some chrome wheels.
The dealer wants to charge $1600 just to chrome the stock ones.
I had my Aston Martin rims (which coincidently look a lot like the Tahoe rims) chromed by a place in Orange County for about $600 ($150/each). This included the difficult task of chroming the plastic center caps (a total PITA from what they told me). I would NOT use a dealer for this task. You will however need alternate transportation during the chroming process.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. They were going to swap out the wheels so I wouldn't be without my Yukon. But for that much money, I would rather get different wheels.