Hybrid Stalled, Engine Light, Transmission?

Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
CAC
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Stalled, Engine Light, Transmission?

They dropped the transmission pan today looking for metal and to check the wiring harness inside. They didn't find anything wrong and the fluid looked brand new.

I asked them to put it back together for me to drive and I'll probably take it to the local Chevy dealer for a second opinion, if it's still acting up.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Administrator

the hybrid is a technologically advanced vehicle. please bring it only to Chevy or caddy dealer for service.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
CAC
Enthusiast

The service work was done at my GMC Caddilac dealer.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

What was the outcome ???

Old 04-06-2014, 10:52 AM
CAC
Enthusiast

The problem has not recurred since. Maybe changing the fluid eliminated a contaminate? Not sure what happened, but I'm still driving it at this time.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

well that's good to hear one last question about to drop the hammer and purchase a 2008 112,000 miles on it my question to you is that you on one of the same year same make not sure the mileage but would you do it again

Old 04-06-2014, 04:22 PM
CAC
Enthusiast

I like my vehicle a lot, despite the recent problems, but I don't think that I would purchase another one with 112,000 miles on it unless I received a substantial discount from a standard Yukon. If I purchased a used one, I'd look for one with less than 100,000 miles so that it would have some hybrid component warranty left. I believe that the hybrid component warranty is 8 years or 100,000 miles.

If you do, consider that you may have to replace the hybrid battery at the tune of about $3,000. Carquest employees told me on Friday that they have started selling hybrid batteries. And I would change all of the fluids if they haven't been changed. I changed all fluids at 100,000 miles.

Do you have a GMC/Cadillac or Chevy dealership nearby with very good hybrid master tech.?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

It was boght at a dealership right by my house although that does not mean they are an expert on the hybrid systems it could be a plus. I did find through my investigation into the vehicle the original owner he stated and provided proof a brand new factory provided And dealership install motor 1700 miles ago dealership believes it might have been lack of oil changes at regular intervals that could have been a contributory issue to the failure of the Oilpump and motor. all bolts on accessory items ie water pump .those items where re used and new gaskets installed I do not believe the man was abusive but I do think He was not one to stay on top of maintenance a just drive it til somthing tells him it has to be done kind of guy.having said that it is a brand new motor transmission fluid looks and smells like brand new although I have been unable to find any proof of any trans flush again in this truck lifetime .i drive and look beautiful and I also have been unable to find a comparable yuk for anywhere close to this price closest one, $ sixteen hundred more with slightly better miles and a non hybrid so even though I have not thought of owning a hybrid of any sort.the look and mpg makes this worth my time .just as most would be looking to be informed as best as possible especially from currant owners of the truck ..
Thank you very much for your time ...It great and I thank you .

Old 04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I meant to type.... it looks good and drives great.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Please post pics! And congrats!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hybrid Stalled, Engine Light, Transmission?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands