Hybrid two mode future??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Hybrid two mode future??

I just wanted to post this. I was in a GM dealership today and a GM Rep indicated that there was some discussion within GM about the future of the Hybrid Two-mode??? IS THIS TRUE?? Does any one know anything about this. Surely what I overheard was BS, The individual seemed very impressed with the launch of the Cruise program. What a joke this is a great truck and system that NEEDS BETTER PROMOTION BY GM, I overheard the sales pressure to sell the Cruise this needs to be redirected.:ang ry::angr y

Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default well...

...I bought it because I believed that it was a bridge technology, and as such a pretty good option. it will be a few years before we see hydrogen widely accepted as a fuel. its future is limited but that being said gm is not promoting this partially because of the downturn in the economy but also because GM is run buy a bunch of suits making WAY to much money. i feel i could make gm profitable quickly and easily and i would do it for under 6 figures. they need to push this as an evolving technology to make the world a little better until technology provides a better solution, it took years to get in to the jam we currently find ourselves and there are no quick fixes. The fact that they seem to have stopped promotion of this is pretty telling that the suits who JUST DONT GET IT are still in charge. Sorry for this rambling reply but I have had a bit too much burbon this evening....

Old 10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Hybrid two mode future??

they are not promoting the hybrid, esp the escalade hybrid because they are selling not matter what. they are not even giving any promotions whatsoever. the one getting heavy discounts are the regular escalade as well as the esv. i emailed the GM CEO when he did a live cast about the GM turnaround and he is pretty impressed by the two mode hybrid, he got one for his wife if that matters.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

The only real promotions I see are on CSI Las Vegas with big Hybrid decals all over Tahoes. Considering how often my truck starts a conversation, I really think there's a market that isn't getting the word.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

GM is not going away from RWD hybrids. They have already publicly said there will be a next-generation Two Mode transmission built in Baltimore (home of the current Two Mode), with the electric motors manufactured on the same site.

http://www.gm.com/vehicles/hybrids-a...nts_092910.jsp

The coming CAFE rules that will likely dictate a 62 mpg fleet average by 2025 will mean all models and platforms will have to electrified to some degree, if you want to keep selling a full line of vehicles.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Jet I agree with your comments, thanks KCR135 for yours as well. GM is not doing a very good job here of marketing a great product. Looks like I maybe getting into bed with GM as a dealer principle in the future. If this does happen I have already stated my commitment to the hybrids two-mode and Volt which will be the main stable of my green lot if it happens. They sure are pushing the Cruize.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

They are being marketed in a targeted fashion; Verizon just bought several hundred 2MH pickups for their service fleet, for example. But here are a few possible (strictly my speculation) reasons why the 2-Modes aren't being heavily mainstream marketed right now.

1. Volt, Volt, Volt all the time for the near term (starting with big ad campaign during World Series).
2. Economy is still sluggish. If folks are buying a new truck, they are going on the cheap or even buying used. Used car/truck prices are insane right now. The utilities are almost LTZ-level in their standard equipment. The 2MH pickups can be had without leather or nav, so they are a little cheaper.
3. Gas is still not pricey enough to offset the initial cost premium for most folks.
4. I think even the dealers that sell and service 2MHs are still a little afraid of working on these things, so they aren't 'pulling' them a lot.

I'm guessing the next-gen Two Mode will be more mainstream in all aspects.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Yes KC135R I would have to agree with ALL your comments, just wish GM would step up to the plate with the initial two-mode Hybrid owners for upgrades.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

You might check with your dealer while your truck is in for the misfire issue (cyl #1?). I think there might be a new brake software update for 2008 models. There have been several updates for 2010-2011 that have found their way back to 2008, actually.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:55 AM

Good Morning Rob,
Thanks for the software information, my Tahoe is a 2009 and I will keep you up to date on the mis-fire.

Quick Reply: Hybrid two mode future??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands