I need some help on a jolt issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I need some help on a jolt issue.

Originally Posted by lmvp17
Any updates on the jolting issue? I purchased a used 09 Silverado from the dealer and after about 7 months now it's starting to jolt when coming to a stop or when taking off. Doesn't happen all the time. Took it into dealer and they can't find anything wrong. Starting to notice some other issues as well. Any info??

Really sorry to hear about this. Could you please private message us your name, address, phone number, vehicle identification number, and current mileage. This will allow me to do further research on your vehicle. Also can you send me the name of the dealership you were working with.

Jessica L.
GM Customer Care

Old 09-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wsumsd98
Ok, we bought a 2008 tahoe hybrid 4x4 in Jan. 2009. As of 5 weeks ago, my wife has had complaints of the vehicle not taking off from a stop when she presses the accelerator. She said that she pushes it and nothing happens, then she would let off of it, when she applied the accelerator again, the vehicle would take off and stutter a little. We just got the vehicle back from the dealer which told us that this is normal operation for a hybrid as the vehicle is working as designed. Today I experienced this issue in where I pressed the accelerator and it would start to take off and hesitate then it would move. I noticed that the RPM's were at 2000 and we weren't even at 10 mph yet. I stopped again and when I pressed the accelerator again the rpm's jumped to 2000 immediately and we began to move. It didn't seem like a slipping clutch pack or anything that you would assume in a run of the mill automatic. I plan on calling the service manager tomorrow to talk to him, but would like some more information from others that may have dealt with an issue like this in the past. I also have a bone to pick with them anyway as the leather is cracking on the drivers and passengers seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I have my yukon in the same situation, the rpm goes up to 2000, but the car doesn't seems to move or to respond to the aceleración, my yukon has a dead spot and starts to jerk, and some times it takes off, and sometimes it doesnt, also when I start the yukon hybrid whit the remote, the car starts really rough and starts to shakes really bad, for a 1-3 seconds, I'll let you know what the dealer tell me. ( they want me to buy another car to fix the problem. Lol, like they are so cheap. )

Old 12-04-2015, 12:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jolo
I have my yukon in the same situation, the rpm goes up to 2000, but the car doesn't seems to move or to respond to the aceleración, my yukon has a dead spot and starts to jerk, and some times it takes off, and sometimes it doesnt, also when I start the yukon hybrid whit the remote, the car starts really rough and starts to shakes really bad, for a 1-3 seconds, I'll let you know what the dealer tell me. ( they want me to buy another car to fix the problem. Lol, like they are so cheap. )
HI I have an 08 Yukon hybrid with the exact problems have you fixed the problem? Please let me know what does or doesn't fix the problem. My mechanic said a new battery that didn't fix it now I'm thinking of replacing the transmission control module let me know any info please.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

KeRiMiHu, Did your mechanic suggest looking at replacing that TCM? Does installing a new TCM involve having the dealership reprogram anything or is it plug and play?