Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Inconsistency starting or running issue that may not be HV battery related (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/inconsistency-starting-running-issue-may-not-hv-battery-related-31978/)

Tahoe_08 06-14-2019 06:32 PM

Inconsistency starting or running issue that may not be HV battery related

This is just general information

I watch Scotty Kilmer a lot He says to check the Simple THINGS FIRST and cheapest options

and the air box was the last thing to be touch

so I looked and missing a screw I had to pay 7$ for a replacement screw (it was missing before the air filter change anyways)

I know most issue pertain to issues with the engine running or it running funky jerking when reverse and going forward..

could be a simple as vacuum leak...

I had just replaced my air filter (DIY )and started having issues jerking not going in reverse or jerking in reverse..etc.. felt like the transmission was broken .. maybe HV issue

$100 bux SAYS the DEALER WOULD HAVE DIAGNOSTIC IT AS A BROKEN TRANSMISSION AND BAD HIGH VOLTAGE battery...

turned out the air filter was not seated correctly and causing a vacuum leak... and funky drivetrain issues

it will have symptoms of a bad High voltage battery or transmission issue... when something simple as a vacuum leak..

Don't always assume it's the expensive parts first >

another time I got P0069 for the MAP sensor I checked it and had been tampered by a chain repair shop.. and unplugged just slightly to give an error code
I did buy a code reader. for 40$.. Saved 80$ from having the "dealer" reset it...

I ALMOST bought a $90 MAP sensor for nothing at autozone :omg:

my latest issue is the RIM I STARTED BY picking out the rocks as they ADD weight and could put it off balance ..

but that did not fix it so i'll have to buy a used rim... it looks slightly bent :(

Michele Knowles-Adams 08-14-2019 03:30 PM

Re: Inconsistency starting or running issue that may not be HV battery related

I am having the worst issue with my 08 hybrid tahoe. RPM surge with no power, shutter, bumping and sometimes stalling. While coasting to a stop it feels like the truck is pumping the breaks. It violently shutters.Sometimes it throws the check engine light, codes are $7E9, $7E8, $7ED, $7EF, $7EA . Dealer doesn't know what to do. Actually suggested I replace my motor mounts, as if that is what is causing a surge in my RPM's and stalling. Battery is about a year old, Hybrid batteries are pulling 8.2 volts each. Hates to have the AC on. Any direction would be appreciated.

Jaime 08-14-2019 07:51 PM

@Michele Knowles-Adams , those codes are not very useful. All they say is which computer module has a code, but not what the actual code is. See if you can try a different OBD2 scanner. I recommend getting one of those bluetooth OBD2 readers and log the battery pack voltages. I can almost guarantee you will find that the high voltage battery cant keep up when under load.

@Tahoe_08 I don't see how a badly seated air filter can cause issues. All that means is that you get unfiltered air going into the intake. As long as the vacuum leak is before any sensor, it wont cause any problems. if the leak is AFTER a sensor, then the computer wont know how much air is actually going into the engine and can possibly cause issues.

Tahoe_08 08-15-2019 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jaime (Post 268525)
@Michele Knowles-Adams , those codes are not very useful. All they say is which computer module has a code, but not what the actual code is. See if you can try a different OBD2 scanner. I recommend getting one of those bluetooth OBD2 readers and log the battery pack voltages. I can almost guarantee you will find that the high voltage battery cant keep up when under load.

@Tahoe_08 I don't see how a badly seated air filter can cause issues. All that means is that you get unfiltered air going into the intake. As long as the vacuum leak is before any sensor, it wont cause any problems. if the leak is AFTER a sensor, then the computer wont know how much air is actually going into the engine and can possibly cause issues.

actually when i cleaned my air filter on my W body it had to learn the new filter

Tahoe_08 09-04-2019 06:12 AM

update i did change the MAP sensor p0069 code all is good once again it smells of gasoline found a replacement for 40$
this part was hard to find so this is the one i bought works better now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/09359409-OE...72.m2749.l2649

I also made sure my battery cables were tight

they were loose flapping around causing other issues as well