Inconsistency starting or running issue that may not be HV battery related

Old 06-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Inconsistency starting or running issue that may not be HV battery related

This is just general information

I watch Scotty Kilmer a lot He says to check the Simple THINGS FIRST and cheapest options

and the air box was the last thing to be touch

so I looked and missing a screw I had to pay 7$ for a replacement screw (it was missing before the air filter change anyways)

I know most issue pertain to issues with the engine running or it running funky jerking when reverse and going forward..

could be a simple as vacuum leak...

I had just replaced my air filter (DIY )and started having issues jerking not going in reverse or jerking in reverse..etc.. felt like the transmission was broken .. maybe HV issue

$100 bux SAYS the DEALER WOULD HAVE DIAGNOSTIC IT AS A BROKEN TRANSMISSION AND BAD HIGH VOLTAGE battery...

turned out the air filter was not seated correctly and causing a vacuum leak... and funky drivetrain issues

it will have symptoms of a bad High voltage battery or transmission issue... when something simple as a vacuum leak..

Don't always assume it's the expensive parts first >

another time I got P0069 for the MAP sensor I checked it and had been tampered by a chain repair shop.. and unplugged just slightly to give an error code
I did buy a code reader. for 40$.. Saved 80$ from having the "dealer" reset it...

I ALMOST bought a $90 MAP sensor for nothing at autozone

my latest issue is the RIM I STARTED BY picking out the rocks as they ADD weight and could put it off balance ..

but that did not fix it so i'll have to buy a used rim... it looks slightly bent

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 06-14-2019 at 06:50 PM.