Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Jolt, Lurch, Chug

It has been over a month. No more issues.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
It has been over a month. No more issues.
Sorry to bother you but did you replace the transmission control module? Or what other part?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KeRiMiHu
Sorry to bother you but did you replace the transmission control module? Or what other part?
No other part. Just the Hybrid Battery.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure if you were asking me but I replace the control module .total just under $2,000 from dealer runs great now ... hate to spend the money but as the saying goes "if it has t*ts or wheels it's gonna cost you" lol . Not meaning to upset any one but it seems to be true : )

Old 08-14-2018, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

Old thread but helpful. My 09 Escalade has 126K miles. Had the lurch and chug issues from EV to ICE. A new 12 volt battery solved it for me. I suspect, the failing 12 volt battery caused the Aux Transmission pump to be weak (and noisy) which caused issues with the hand off. Now with a new 12 volt battery, it stays in autostop longer and it switches from EV to ICE much smoother.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

thank you.i did solve the issue.replaced computoer module that co trolled the pump...

Old 11-23-2018, 05:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ckleven
Old thread but helpful. My 09 Escalade has 126K miles. Had the lurch and chug issues from EV to ICE. A new 12 volt battery solved it for me. I suspect, the failing 12 volt battery caused the Aux Transmission pump to be weak (and noisy) which caused issues with the hand off. Now with a new 12 volt battery, it stays in autostop longer and it switches from EV to ICE much smoother.

hello there! I just bought an 08 Tahoe hybrid, super clean very nice and exited for this purchase.. but still getting used to some of the hybrid noises and transitions. I found this thread and found your answer after searching the internet for what iv experienced... In slow speeds it has been occasionally bucking and seeming to struggle between battery and gas power .. quite a strange feeling after leaving the dealership! But this battery idea could be the answer.. I’m hoping...! I just wanted to ask if this has taken care of it for you and any other symptoms you may have experienced.

Thanks for for your time and help!

Last edited by Devin Tatro; 11-23-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devin Tatro

hello there! I just bought an 08 Tahoe hybrid, super clean very nice and exited for this purchase.. but still getting used to some of the hybrid noises and transitions. I found this thread and found your answer after searching the internet for what iv experienced... In slow speeds it has been occasionally bucking and seeming to struggle between battery and gas power .. quite a strange feeling after leaving the dealership! But this battery idea could be the answer.. I’m hoping...! I just wanted to ask if this has taken care of it for you and any other symptoms you may have experienced.

Thanks for for your time and help!
Although the battery helped for a bit, I learned that the Auxiliary transmission pump runs off of AC voltage. The fix was to replace the pump and what a difference. It's smooth and reliable now. We have a few thousand miles on the new pump.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:35 AM
Enthusiast

That’s what I was thinking it would likely be... Is that pump fairly easily replaced myself? Does it require a new module as well? Do you know approx how much $ in parts and labor?

Last edited by Devin Tatro; 11-24-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

The pump was around $350. The install was simple, 4 bolts and a quart of ATF. No module change or programming needed. Be sure to torque the bolts correctly so you don't over tighten (they're aluminum). The most difficult part for me was running the wire and I had to splice the the wires since I couldn't find the adaptor cable.

My advice:
1 - Use an adapter cable if needed.
2 - Collect, measure and replace the ATF that drains.
3 - Torque the mounting bolts correctly.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands