Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Wow, thank you so much for the encouragement and tips for this fix. I’m going to look into tackling this project in the next couple weeks. I hate to keep asking questions but is there a link or part number you could point me in the direction of? I read on some other forums (or maybe on this one, I can’t remember) that they updated the pump? To not get a 2008 version but get a 2010 or something? Let me know which one you got I’ll get searching! Thanks again. I really appreciate your help on this.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Enthusiast

No worries, you are right, there is a new unit that was for 2010 models. The only difference is the plug so you will need a connector. I recommend that you contact gmpartscenter.net and provide your VIN. Call them , don't try to figure it out online.

8585 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd
Scottsdale, Arizona, 85260
855-902-6413

They helped me locate the correct part number and were the most reasonable on price.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PBRLives
Hi Jolo. Looks like I haven't updated in a while.....145K miles.

The quick answer is that it was the auxiliary transmission pump. There's a technical service bulletin in one of the threads that described my situation perfectly. Just make sure they don't replace it with the original, as happened to me the first time. Also, make sure your issue matches with the TSB, as it was the best description of the problem I ever saw.

For those interested, I had to bite the bullet on a new hybrid battery, at 118K miles. Luckily, the good dealership was able to work with the price, given it was relatively close to the warranty expiration. Not sure how they measure these things, but the old one couldn't charge more than 60%.

Interestingly, the power steering issue was related to that, as they described the brakes and PS as an electrical issue tied to the hybrid battery. Long story short, that seemed to solve that particular issue.

But, last week I got no response when I pushed on the gas from a stop again......fun times.
I have similar issues with my 13 Escy; was anyone else experiencing a rough idle and, what I've now named a muffler fart? Like a cute backfire, with a side of metallic shake from around the cat's.