Active Enthusiast
Old 08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lock Pick

Thanks Ed

Old 11-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

This is the website for the GM lockpicks. I have not yet put one on my Silverado but have 4 different hacks on my Prius.

http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm

Old 11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would love to hear your opinion, plus your positive/negative feedback regarding the Coastal Electronics Technologies Lockpick on GM vehicles. As mentioned above, I have 4 lockpicks on my Prius and want to unblock the NAV destination screen while moving. I would also like to add a better rear camara. I have the dealer added rear view camera that displays in the rear view mirror...I would prefer the display in the larger NAV screen. But GM did not offer the option on the Hybrid Silverado/Sierra. I think it may be due to using the input for the Hybrid info screen. The lockpick can add it regardless but I would like your feedback. Also, did you add the GEN 5 lockpick or the GM-322? Also would like to know if you added the ipod lockpick.

I have the DICE ipod interface and Coastal Lockpick to unlock my steering wheel/NAV screen radio controls displaying the ipod information on the NAV screen (in my Prius). I also have the auto door lock lockpick and the NAV destination screen unblock as well as the EV mode switch that I removed due to worries about warranty issues. I know some priuschat posters have discredited larger hybrid vehicles and for that, they should be ashamed. The prius is a great vehicle but will never meet everyones needs.

Last edited by txav8r; 11-26-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added text
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Mel on this forum some where several individuals have indicated that the lock pick will void the warranty. I know my dealer has a GM information letter about this.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks kklein, I saw the letter here. Sorry Ed, I completely missed seeing your post with the website in it before I posted it. They have modified the GM320 to the GM322 now. I would be willing to bet that Coastal Electronics will modify they harness if there are complications or interferance with the electrical/Nav system. Maybe not, they have seemed to be less willing to provide information about the GM lockpicks than they were with the Prius Lockpicks. But they are bigger now.

While it is GM's car/truck, a blanket void of the warranty for such a mod is rediculous. If the mod is causing issues, tell the owner you won't work on that system if it has problems unless a mod affecting that system is removed. Once the mod is removed and the starting issue I believe it was continues, they need to retract the voided warranty statement. Also, if their scanning system is confused by the mod, the mod should be removed. I don't know, I have mixed emotions about these mods. I HATE not being able to change my destination on the go. I am not over here typing away while driving, my wife is there to put in the change. That restriction isn't on the portables that are made for cars. This topic has been beat up I am sure but maybe what we need is a simple harness from Coastal that does nothing but unblock the NAV destination screen instead of a shotgun effect. I am going to look for the letter and send it to Dave at Coastal. I remember is being pasted instead of an attachment. I need the attachment to send it.

Bottom line on the mod stuff is that some car companies don't view the mods as a threat and some do apparently. I participate in a very informed forum on yamaha jet boats and Yamaha has embraced their owners and reads the forum. The owner mods have shown up on new boats as standard or optional equipment where it could be done without violation of someones patent.

For those of you wondering about these mods, they are plug and play and don't cut anything. You simply unplug a connection behind the NAV unit and plug the harness in between it and the Nav unit. So they can be removed as easy as they are installed. But not something I would want to do everyday. Also, if the mods ARE causing issues, I would not want them. Have I said how much I hate not being able to use the dang NAV destination while moving!

Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Actually there is one wire you have to cut. Its for the rear camera. Other than that, its plug and play.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Actually there is one wire you have to cut. Its for the rear camera. Other than that, its plug and play.
Ed, it sounds like you have a good working knowledge of the lockpick interface with our system. The Silverado hybrid is not offered with the back up camera as a "factory option" and doesn't come in a standard or higher level package. It was found that I could order the dealer installed option that came with the tailgate handle bezel with the camera installed in it, the rear view mirror with the video screen, and the wiring to install it. My tech told me that the wiring had to be pinned and inserted into existing pin holes in the connectors.

I hate the small screen on the rear view mirror and would like to get it to display on the NAV screen. I can do that with the lockpick but may have to replace the camera with a camera that has RCA leads. I don't like the idea of hacking into existing wiring. I don't mind unclipping a connection and adding software/hardware between the connections. Why are you having to cut the rear view camera wire with the lockpick? The installation diagram may be available on Coastals website but it is for a setup without the camera. I need a suggestion on how to tackle this. Would I be better selling the dealer installed option and going aftermarket or can I alter this? I am living with it the way it is but really, the screen is so small I don't find it useful for my aging eyes! Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Mel,
I looked into this on the Tahoe and the camera does plug into RCA jacks. I have heard about cutting one wire but I am also not sure why? I have not put the lockpick in at this point.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, the lockpick video leads are RCA's. The factory camera or dealer installed camera are wired directly into existing connectors and do not contain RCA's to use on either the GEN 5 or the GM-322. So I just don't know how to change what I have without spending needlessly...but I want my NAV destinations unblocked!

Quick Reply: Lock Pick

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands