Low oil pressure shut engine off light

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:18 PM
PRYUKON2008
Default Low oil pressure shut engine off light

So I got a low oil pressure shut engine off warning, only happens in the morning and once I start driving pressure goes up but when I make a stop the pressure drops and warning comes up again. Not until the engine is running and warms up everything goes back to normal. Only happens at first start in the morning, right now the temp outside in the mornings here in IL is about 30 degrees and I have it in the garage. Any ideal??? Oil Pump? Oil pressure switch or someone mention about a filter by the oil switch?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Low oil pressure shut engine off light

Good question. Not real sure about the answer. Are you using the proper oil viscosity? Should be 5W10, iirc... Quantity good?

Sounds like a viscosity or quantity issue because I wouldn't expect a switch or oil pump to change pressure after warming up. Just my 2¢...

Old 12-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Low oil pressure shut engine off light

There is a little screen/filter under the oil pressure sender than can get blocked up.

Real tough to get at.