lpg kit of chevrolet tahoe need information

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb lpg kit of chevrolet tahoe need information

Hi, I have a 2008 chevrolet tahoe hybrid engine 6.0 l v8, and I want to convert to LPG. i live in Costa Rica and unlead fuel is very expensive over $ 1.52 US per litre ,but lpg gas is $ 0.69 US per litre . In Germany German tuner has GeigerCars Developed to LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) conversion kit for the Chevy Tahoe hybrid(I do not believe them) , turning the full-hybrid (aka dual-mode) SUV can run on electric That power, combustion engine or a combination of Both, Into to "tri-mode" vehicle. but they sell very expensive over $ 5000 US . I heard that it is apparently a British Standard mark PrimI could buy it and I think this would be an excellent solution for global consumer tene more economical.
I have many questions

1 How they will manage the auto start (electric to Gasoline) in the system.
If I recall correct, the LPG and CNG make the engine start in gasoline for a few seconds, and then auto change to CNG mode.

2 which system should I buy to install and which Brand

3 when I start the car that I do on gasoline, accelerated to exceed 1200 rpm and automatically switch to gas or a gas once I start it???

Sorry for my English. I speak little

Attached Thumbnails lpg kit  of chevrolet tahoe need information-geiger-tri-mode-chevy-tahoe-4.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: lpg I have converted my yukon to CNG so I have some experience

Originally Posted by arafral
Hi, I have a 2008 chevrolet tahoe hybrid engine 6.0 l v8, and I want to convert to LPG. i live in Costa Rica and unlead fuel is very expensive over $ 1.52 US per litre ,but lpg gas is $ 0.69 US per litre . In Germany German tuner has GeigerCars Developed to LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) conversion kit for the Chevy Tahoe hybrid(I do not believe them) , turning the full-hybrid (aka dual-mode) SUV can run on electric That power, combustion engine or a combination of Both, Into to "tri-mode" vehicle. but they sell very expensive over $ 5000 US . I heard that it is apparently a British Standard mark PrimI could buy it and I think this would be an excellent solution for global consumer tene more economical.
I have many questions

1 How they will manage the auto start (electric to Gasoline) in the system.
If I recall correct, the LPG and CNG make the engine start in gasoline for a few seconds, and then auto change to CNG mode.

CNG conversions start on gasoline and run in gasoline mode for 20 seconds (normal hybrid rules apply ie if you are light footed it runs on electric only up to 30 mph then switches to gasoline for 20 seconds then switches to cng if you go below 30 in traffic it switches back to electric and the process above is repeated)

2 which system should I buy to install and which Brand

i only have cng experience so no help with the lpg

3 when I start the car that I do on gasoline, accelerated to exceed 1200 rpm and automatically switch to gas or a gas once I start it???

I am not sure I understand your question but it ALWAYS starts on regular gasoline never on cng in my case, I don't think the cng or lpg has enough btu to fire the engine without it already running. The rpm thing I am not familiar with in mine under light throttle it will accelerate up to 30 mph, I haven't really paid attention to the rpm condition.

here is the link to my cng conversion experience:
THE cng post from now on... ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Sorry for my English. I speak little

Old 05-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: lpg I have converted my yukon to CNG so I have some experience

Thank you for your information .Its very important .

Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default lpg vs cng remember they are very different

here is a good website that talks about the differences between LPG and CNG

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...mparision.html