Need wiring diagrams for hot rod retrofit

Old 03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need wiring diagrams for hot rod retrofit

I'd like to install the drivetrain from a 2wd tahoe in to a '55 chevrolet to build a hot rod hybrid. I've retrofit a few late model fuel injected engines to cars with their wiring harnesses and controllers, but this is another level.

Does anyone know if I can get the complete wiring diagrams for this system anywhere?

Is there a real knowledgeable tech out there that would be interested in helping me modify the factory wiring harnesses to suit this?

thanks, Matt

Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default all I can say is good luck!

that is a very cool idea and you would have a serious new "first" on the car scene but with all the various sensors, computers and misc interrelated technology, I would think it would be easier to get a lightly totaled hybrid and strip the body off the frame, keeping all the electrics intact, and then modify the frame to graft a body on to it, at least that's how I would do it.
I would LOVE to have a 36-39 CORD body grafted to a modern running gear. You could actually drive the car on trips! the best of both worlds, old world style and class and new world running technology....