Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   New To the board - help on tire sizes.. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/new-board-help-tire-sizes-25185/)

nmp27 10-19-2010 09:20 PM

New To the board - help on tire sizes..

Hello,

Just purchased a 09 crew 2wd...

Installed a set of 22's on it that i previously had on another truck, does anyone have any way to correct for tire size changes?

I have HP Tuners, just sent a message over there to see if it will support that computer...

Also, other than the cold air intake, what needs to be done to the exhaust to improve the mileage a bit..

Thanks!!

Nick

Ed Blown Vert 10-20-2010 08:03 AM

Re: New To the board - help on tire sizes..

I have been trying to find a way for my Hybrid. Dealer won't do it.
Been working with HPTuners for a while now. They have sent me two beta versions, No luck yet.

nmp27 10-20-2010 05:35 PM

Bummer,

I would gladly use some credits to be able to mess around with the truck

Please post if something changes...

Do you have info on the exhaust changes?

Should I remove the resonator, or that and muffler?
(I have a really quiet straight through muffler in mind, if needed)

Nick

Ed Blown Vert 10-20-2010 06:56 PM

I already used my credits to get this going. I sent them data last month. I hope they can figure it out.

Have you tried reading the PCM?

nmp27 10-20-2010 06:59 PM

Not yet, Bill from HPT, just told me to try to read it...
Will get that done once I get the USB driver to work on the win7 32bit laptop I have..

fjungman 10-21-2010 11:50 AM

You probably won't be happy with a louder muffler. Removing the resonator is quite a lot already. The 4-cylinder mode is not a happy sound, and the transition becomes noticeable with noise. You might think "this doesn't matter to me", but it really does take away from a very quiet, very solid vehicle. I have a '61 caddy with pretty much unmuffled sidepipes. I'm not some lexus-owning, sofa-driving, shield-me-in-a-cone-of-silence type. I like my cars a bikes loud. But, when you hear the transition, you start to notice the transition, then you start to feel the transition and next your start to worry about the transition.
This was the #1 lesson learned by Cadillac in the 1980s when they had the V4-6-8 launch. It was a good engine, but they did not have the variable muffler technology to hide the transitions between modes. This became a key ingredient before attempting to do DoD again. Do not remove the (very expensive) variable muffler.

jet1 10-21-2010 02:08 PM

one of the first things...

is to remove the resonator, it improves the exhaust note but doesnt make it offensive like a car with no mufflers or a **** harley. I will never understand why other people think I want to hear all that NOISE

kklein 10-22-2010 01:00 PM

No question ditch the Resonator, I believe GM has completed this on the 2012 models.:shade: