New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Thanks ED.

ED, I would love to see some pics of the Camaro. I have an 02 Ram Air, currently stock with 9000 miles. Have a good one, I will keep everyone updated.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wsumsd98
Ok, well I have found on within 2 hours of me a black tahoe hybrid 4x4 sun roof wo/DVD, but have a family member that can install it for me so that it is covered on the remaining warranty. The price is 33,722. I am jumping on it as it only has 14000 miles. It is black with gray leather interior. Just hoping I can get everything complete to get it this saturday. Dealer won't hold it unless I put down 1k then he will hold for 3 days. Sort of a ***** if you ask me. I am totally committed and will just do my best to get the loan papers finished by tomorrow night if I can get an apointment with the loan officer. Wish me luck. Thanks for the replies.
As Ed advised, buy the truck not the deal and looks like you have done exactly that. I can understand the dealer wanting something more than just a buyer's word...the have to deal with so many people that come through the dealership who say they are coming back and many do not. Congratz in advance. Remember someone used this truck and sold it for their own reasons. Go through it with a fine tooth comb. Some of our members have had engine/tranny issues and it's all well and good having the warranty - you just want warranty issues settled before you take the wheel.

Make sure you get the NAV disk. My new 09 did not come with one - it's on backorder and I am still waiting. I gave up waiting last night and bought the latest version on Ebay for $70. (Most have been going for $90+ but I sniped it). When my dealer supplied one shows up, I'll Ebay it or if someone is interested here I'll sell it for what I have in it.

I guess a few minutes posting here saved you a few bucks. Well done!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wsumsd98
Thanks ED.

ED, I would love to see some pics of the Camaro. I have an 02 Ram Air, currently stock with 9000 miles. Have a good one, I will keep everyone updated.
I wish I knew what stock was.

Attached Thumbnails New to the forum and have an offer on the table.-frontright.jpg   New to the forum and have an offer on the table.-procharger4.jpg   New to the forum and have an offer on the table.-laptop.jpg  
Old 01-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Teufel Hunden

Good luck! Sounds like a great price, esp. for a 4x4!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Chevy Man

Good Luck! Let us know when you get it. Also, let us know if it is truly a used car or if it like most all of the other used ones out there that were actually GM rep or exec vehicles that have to be sold as "Used" even though many have never even been titled. I am yet to actually see a used Hybrid Tahoe or Yukon that was bought by the actual end user who traded it in or sold it privately.

As for going over the vehicle, there is not much you can do aside from giving it a thorough test drive and visually inspecting it. If you post the VIN number here I can run a history on it and let you know what warranty work has been done already.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I bought the Tahoe. Nicka, here is the VIN number 1GNFK13538R166349. Would appreciate any info you can give me. I think the vehicle was an executive vehicle. There were a couple of things that I didn't like, one was the dealer only had one set of keys, and wouldn't take any more off of the vehicle because of a couple of scratches. All in all though, the Tahoe is great. Wife loves it, and so do I. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can clean it up properly, as dealers suck at cleaning vehicles up. Thanks for the help during my search.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats!! Pics!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Chevy Man

Congrats on the purchase! I can see where the dealer is coming from on the scratches as it is a "Used" truck. However, I hope they gave you an extra key and transmitter, that is pretty lame if they didn't.

OK, here is what I found with the VIN:

It was a GM company vehicle and was not delivered new to a customer. It shows as a (CVMS Use) which is most likely a GM rep. The delivery date is 3/14/08 so that is technically your warranty start date.

No warranty work aside from the Pre Delivery Inspection has been claimed (meaning no dealer has submitted a claim to get paid for warranty work completed).

Here is the kicker though:
On 4/29/08 a "Service Update" was issued on Hybrids for the dealers to perform an important update on vehicles in inventory as well as customer vehicles in for any type of service. Now, since yours was already in service and probably never went back to the dealer for service it didn't get done. If in fact they did not, I am not sure why the dealer would not have performed this update as they would have immediately found this staring them in the eye if they had properly done a used car inspection which includes a GM vehicle inquiry as the first step. It specifically says to do it to all inventory vehicles and any customer vehicle that comes into the service department for any other repair or maintenance which would include used vehicles.

The update includes replacing the HVCID (High voltage circuit impact detection) Sensor and reprogramming the Hybrid control modules. The book time on this repair is 1.3 hours so it appears to be somewhat labor intensive. There is no excuse if this repair/update was not done prior to you picking up the vehicle.

ALL THAT BEING SAID: It is possible that they DID do the repair and the service department has not yet submitted the claim to be paid which is why it would still show as open. However, I would call them first thing tomorrow and ask them to verify if the HVCID bulletin was done by them before you picked it up. If it was not, be sure to bring it back to them or to whatever dealer is closest to you.

Below is the intro to the bulletin:

Subject:08119A -- Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles -- Vehicle Enhancements - Expires with Base Warranty

Models:2008 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 GMC Yukon
Two-Mode Hybrid Vehicles

The service procedure in this bulletin has been revised. Review the revised procedure immediately. Discard all copies of bulletin 08119, issued April 2008.
THIS SERVICE UPDATE INCLUDES VEHICLES IN DEALER INVENTORY AND CUSTOMER VEHICLES THAT RETURN TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR ANY REASON. IT WILL EXPIRE AT THE END OF THE INVOLVED VEHICLE'S NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD.

Purpose
This bulletin provides a service procedure to reprogram the electronic brake control module, battery energy control module, hybrid powertrain control module, engine control module, and transmission control module, and replace the high voltage circuit impact detection (HVCID) sensor. The calibration enhancements will improve subjective powertrain performance, improve onboard diagnostics, and utilize warning lamps and a "limp home" driving mode to advise customers of certain high voltage system faults. The new sensor will increase the long term reliability of the sensor.
This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.

Vehicles Involved
A list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory is available on the "Service Update Bulletin Information" link under the "Service" tab in DealerWorld (US) or attached to the Dealer Communication (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service, for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle's base warranty, and are within the VIN breakpoints provided below, should be checked for vehicle eligibility in the appropriate system listed below.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

I will get some pics once I get a chance to to clean it up. I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures as I was on a strict time constraint. I had to get it home as it was a surprise for my wife. I live in Cincinnati and the tahoe was in northern columbus which was abut 2.5 hours away. So please be patient as I will get some maybe it can pose with my WS6.

Thanks for the update nicka. Do you work for GM? I used to work for Ford and enjoyed being able to get all kinds of information. No the dealer isn't getting me a Key as they said they could not afford to put anymore money into the vehicle. I think this dealership was an absolute turd!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Chevy Man

wsumsd98,

The dealership and their personnel Sounds like Tools! Probably a good thing you don't have to go back I hope you have a more friendly local dealer.

With regards to your question about me working for GM: I used to be a service manager at a Chevy dealership and I stayed close to many of the guys that worked for me. I also still have a friend or two within GM.