New Guy - Hearing Transmission / Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast
Question New Guy - Hearing Transmission / Engine Noise

Hey there I have an 09 Silverado Hybrid & I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this.

When I drive around town below 30mph the elec engine takes over like norm but about 75% of the time when the elec engine switches over back to the normal engine (6.0L V8) there is a clunking noise that comes from either under the hood or somewhere next to the transmission.

I am afraid of taking it to the chevy dealer because here in some parts of Texas & Oklahoma not too many people come across Hybrid anything except the Prius or Civic Hybrid. I really dont want my truck sitting inside the chevy shop for weeks while everyone scratches their heads.

Also I have a prius (wifes car) and there is never any noises between the transition from elec to gas engine or vice versa.

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Guy - Hearing Transmission / Engine Noise

Have you tried to duplicate the noise from Auto-Stop in Drive, and then shift down to Manual "M"?

Good audio quality Youtube posted video works well to get results too.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Guy - Hearing Transmission / Engine Noise

I will try that out, lately the truck doesn't go into elec mode because of the cold weather & me having the heater on.