Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   New Hybrid Tahoe 08 with some minor issues (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/new-hybrid-tahoe-08-some-minor-issues-28054/)

Hermetics 08-29-2012 08:12 PM

New Hybrid Tahoe 08 with some minor issues

So i bought a 2008 Hybrid Tahoe and I am loving it so far but have noticed two issues.

1) The plastic strip along the outside of the passenger side door is coming up a little bit. The adhesive used to put it on seems to have not adhered well. Any ideas?

2) The passenger side mirror will not close when the button is pressed (the drivers side does). It seems like something is not right with it and I am assuming it was part of the damage from a previous accident. Anyone have ideas on what this might be ?

Thank you,

Herm

Dslade05 08-30-2012 06:40 AM

Re: New Hybrid Tahoe 08 with some minor issues

Try moving the pass. mirror by hand; somebody else in a different thread on here had one that was stuck and moving it manually popped it loose.

Most body shops should have the right adhesive, it just depends on how nice you are to them for how much they will charge to stick it back on properly:)

Hermetics 08-30-2012 11:44 AM

Awesome. That worked with the mirror, thank you. I am having the front windows tinted today and they said the molding can be done also no biggie. Also thought about getting front proximity sensors put on the bumper, will post if i do.

evois 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

Please do a diy of the front sensors as I am planning to do one myself.

Hermetics 08-30-2012 08:20 PM

You got it.