new from louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default new from louisiana

Well as stated I'm new here. I've browsed on here a few times an figured I'd join. I bought a 2009 gmc Sierra crew cab hybrid 105k 4 months ago. Now it has 116k . Never owned a hybrid before but the wife pushed for it. So far I like it. Weird not hearing it half the time. Used to straight pipes lol. My main reason for posting is my truck didn't have any maintenance manuals in it so I'm not when certain things need to be replaced or what other than the obvious. Kinda intimidating owning a hybrid as I don't really know anything about them. So any help would be awesome.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: new from louisiana

I'd post pics but the manage attatchments isn't working on my phone lol. I have photobucket but don't remember what one to copy. Lol.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Administrator

You can actually go to the GM website and click owners. Then click manuals, maintenance etc. btw if you have the hybrid, it has AFM. So please use only synthetic oil for longevity. I have 184k miles btw and only used synthetic since break in oil which was also synthetic I believe.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

Since iv bought the truck I have taken to my local dealership for oil changes. They seem kinda skiddish when they pop the hood. Lol. I know these fancy trucks have to be maintained religiously. And have you had any major problems with yours? I'm pretty mechanical but this truck is pretty high tech as far as the hybrid stuff goes. Lol.

Last edited by evois; 10-19-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dszx13
Since iv bought the truck I have taken to my local dealership for oil changes. They seem kinda skiddish when they pop the hood. Lol. I know these fancy trucks have to be maintained religiously. And have you had any major problems with yours? I'm pretty mechanical but this truck is pretty high tech as far as the hybrid stuff goes. Lol.

pretty much maintenance free. but since you said you have 100k miles, make sure you have the 100k mile service done. transaxle, tranny fluid, differential fluid front and back, drain and flush of radiator fluid, brake fluid and the usual engine oil change.