New to Me 08 Tahoe Hybrid - Issues already ...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast
Default New to Me 08 Tahoe Hybrid - Issues already ...

We *just* got an 08 hybrid tahoe yesterday with 12k miles. Its in beautiful shape, not a scratch on it, not a stain anywhere in the interior. Drives very smooth.

So this morning I go to move it out of the garage for the wife and notice a nice big pool of red fluid under middle of car. Then the power lock on drivers door gets stuck. Joyous.

Its going back to dealer tomorrow. Are these problems common? Im far more worried about what looks like a pint or so of trans fluid (either that or ps fluid) on the ground. I understand that the door locks fail often, I wonder if they have corrected that problem with a newer lock unit? will see what dealer says tomorrow…I hope this isn’t sign of things to come.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New to Me 08 Tahoe Hybrid - Issues already ...

I bought my 2008 hybrid tahoe new and have put nearly 60K km on it so far and no problems.

*knock wood*

Old 06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

That is good to know. I guess the majority of posts on these forums is for problems so it seems 1 sided.

The dealer replaced the drivers side door actuator under warranty and ordered a seal for the trans, so it will need to go back in next week for replacement of the seal. Hopefully we'll get off to a better 2nd week of ownership...

Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

ok so we went back to dealer in second time in as many weeks of ownership of a 12k mile 08 hybrid yukon. they replaced drivers door actuator but couldnt replace trans seal. they need to replace rear housing of transmission.

so its going back in tomorrow for that ...

otherwise the truck has driven very nicely. but this is alot of probelms to get 5 more mpg than an expedition. Im still wondering if we shouldnt have bought that instead.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default my mileage guage..

is sitting on 23.7 avg right now...your right foot controls your mileage and you have to relearn how to drive to maximize hybrid fuel mileage. also its not so much mileage to me as carbon footprint and the hybrid has an excellent footprint for this type of vehicle

Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

23.7 is phenomenal !

You must be very light on the the throttle. I wonder if you wouldnt be seeing 18-19 mpg in an Expedition then.

Just took a long trip in the Tahoe, avg mileage crept up to 18.0 mpg after 200 hwy miles. Really nice ride and no problems, finally. Will keep babying the gas pedal. The city driving kills it though and thats what we do mostly.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
FLY NAVY!

most of my driving is city and i occasionally indulge in a stoplight race when confronted by a kid in a rice burner that thinks a wing and a fart cannon for a muffler makes his car fast.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

that is very impressive mileage esp considering your driving. ours is getting 17-18 and i dont really see how I can baby this thing much more without driving 10 under the speed limit. Im sure running A/C full blast isnt helping mileage, maybe come fall or winter it will do better.

as for the rice burners, yeah that tahoe will get up and move for being 6,000 lbs vehicle, wont it? Ive only gunned it once or twice but its pretty quick up to 60 (for such a behemoth) !

ok well no more issues lately. the trans leaking problem is fixed, door locks all fixed, hopefully we'll get alot of trouble free miles out of her. Considering the DVD upgrdade, and maybe a JL sub too. Going to give it another few months before I commit to keeping it though.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default ac doesnt matter

all of the ancillaries are driven electrically so you can run the air without putting any real load on the engine. Do you use your instant mileage readout in the tach? I have mine always on and try to keep it in 4v (or EV) mode most of the time. I spiritedly accelerate up to speed then drop off the throttle to get it to drop to 4v mode and as long as traffic is steady I can keep it in 4v most of the time. This works pretty well for me.

Last edited by jet1; 07-08-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Paul,
Thats what I get as an average in my 2010 Tahoe, 17/18 MPg with combination of highway and city.
I live in a hilly city, so I can hardly start the car without having the engine kick in. and lots of stop and go on a slightly uphill streets. and short distances
IT can easily drop to 15 MPg if I only do city driving.
As for highway, I can get it up to 22 MPG on straight flat highway long trips.
I do drive it very carefuly, keeping my eye on Inst Econ DIC, and try to stay in V4 or Autostop most of the time. but somtimes you would hold the traffic behind you, so you woud need to give it a kick into V8.specially on an slight uphill road.
Yes, One has to drive it very very carefully in order to get higher mileage specially in my city.(at least in my case)
I often wonder if I drive a regular car that carefully, I bet I would get a much higher mileage as well
but overall I am very happy with my Tahoe, although I am unable to get the 22MPG city rating with it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Me 08 Tahoe Hybrid - Issues already ...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands