New Owner... A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Owner... A few questions

Hi. I just purchased a Hybrid Tahoe and was hoping anyone that has one could answer these questions:

1. Do you know of any other gathering places for the Hybrid Tahoe owners online?

2. I inquired about buying Weathertech floor liners for my new truck. Weathertech told me that the floorplan was different so their liners wouldn't work. Anybody know the difference? Anybody find a good fitting mat or liner?

3. Has anyone installed one of those boxes to disable the nav lockout on this vehicle?

Thanks! I'm sure more questions will come up as I get into things.

Pete

Old 09-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner... A few questions

Originally Posted by pete7919
1. Do you know of any other gathering places for the Hybrid Tahoe owners online?
Nope, we seem to be it - and a rather small subgroup of the entire board at that.

2. I inquired about buying Weathertech floor liners for my new truck. Weathertech told me that the floorplan was different so their liners wouldn't work. Anybody know the difference? Anybody find a good fitting mat or liner?
Correct - partially. The front and cargo liners work fine. Front is not exact, but you really don't notice it. Cargo is exact. Middle row is the problem because the battery box under the middle row seat come more forward than a regular Tahoe. I cut down the battery compartment side of the center row mat to get it to lay flat. It is important to cut this side so that the ventilation holes are not obstructed. It is not perfect, but nice enough. YMMV. My wife has the Tahoe today, but I can try and take a picture tonight.

3. Has anyone installed one of those boxes to disable the nav lockout on this vehicle?
No, but I've been thinking about it. I need a Scan Gauge too.

Cheers and Welcome,

Tom

Old 09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.

I just ordered a set of Husky liners. They have a part number specific to the Hybrid.

I also have one of the Nav Unlocks from my previous car that sould be compatible with this one. I may try and install it this weekend. I need to spend some time and get everything settled.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
04 prius 350,000km

hey ho welcome pete make sure you read the thread "Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum" about my questions about the Tahoe hybrid and see if you can answer them

Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: New Owner... A few questions

I have Weathertech on my 2008 Tahoe and they are a very good fit.

Front - W70GR $45.00
Rear - W72GR $54.95
Cargo - 42306 w/o 3rd seat - $129.95

Last edited by rpfleming; 11-03-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpfleming

Front - W70GR $45.00
Rear - W72GR $54.95
Rear, do you mean 2nd row?

Are they the company that sells the cargo liner that have cut-outs for the 3rd row set?

Anyone find mudflaps that will fit our vehicles?

I plan on also buying the lockpick. Just trying to find a group buy.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpfleming

Front - W70GR $45.00
Rear - W72GR $54.95
I think you have the part numbers reversed for front and rear. Also, those are floor mats, not liners. I ended up getting a set of Husky liners that fit perfectly in the 2nd row and cover all the carpet even the hump. Good to know tht these fit well. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast

The rear is the 2nd row. They are only the pads that don't cover the hump. I rarely use the second row seats. The cargo liner has the extruded areas for the 3rd row seats. I don't use the 3rd row seats and took them out. I use the Tahoe for business and carry my equipment in the cargo area.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.

I also have one of the Nav Unlocks from my previous car that sould be compatible with this one. I may try and install it this weekend. I need to spend some time and get everything settled.
Hi Everyone,
I am new here too -- I recently bought a Tahoe Hybrid and I sure am enjoying it. But the shaded out navigation while driving does cause me to curse -- so I would really like to hear how your fix install went Pete. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

I never got to it yet. I am still checking in here, though, so if I do I'll post how it goes.

Quick Reply: New Owner... A few questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands