New problem with 09 Yukon Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New problem with 09 Yukon Hybrid

Thanks lt1gmc. Unfortunately, my husband and I tried this last night. I was hopeful but the lurching from Auto Stop to Engine happened again this morning. SO frustrating.

My question now is what should I replace first? The aux trans pump module or the aux trans pump? Or both?

The module at the dealership is $950 installed which includes 2 new wiring harnesses.

The pump my husband was hoping was a DIY install. Part only is $350.

Thanks for any help & suggestions. I love being able to weigh my options based off of others who have had this same issue.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

According to the service bulletin I have you have to change both to 2010 and later versions. Problem for the DIY guys is the module has to be programmed to the vehicle after installation, which is not something the DIY guy could do without access to a tech 1 and the software. As i understand it the reason the pump has to be changed too is is the old one will not plug into the new harness that the Module comes with. And the other way around just replacing the pump wont work because the newer style pump will not plug into the old module harness. Thats the biggest reason I didn't change mine out when I found out a temp fix for mine. Sorry that it didn't work for you.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

If I had to guess I would say that this is actually a ICE issue with the throttle body. I would clean the throttle body thoroughly along with the mass airflow sensor. Double check that your Air filter is clean and properly installed and you should be good to go. These 6.0 engines are running over 300hp and if the throttle body is sticking it is going to send enough HP and Torgue down the line to ****** a driveline and be noticeable. lt1gmc If you are still around let us know what the final solution was on this. Very frustrating when a thread just dies off without a resolution.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did provide my "final " solution, unplugging and replugging the connectors by the battery that go to the aux pump. I did later find my positive battery cable was loose a bit, cleaned and tightened and have had no reoccurance for over a year. It is not ice, I have dealt with that issue and its nothing like a lurch, its like a won't move/no power kind of thing.

Originally Posted by dnt1010
If I had to guess I would say that this is actually a ICE issue with the throttle body. I would clean the throttle body thoroughly along with the mass airflow sensor. Double check that your Air filter is clean and properly installed and you should be good to go. These 6.0 engines are running over 300hp and if the throttle body is sticking it is going to send enough HP and Torgue down the line to ****** a driveline and be noticeable. lt1gmc If you are still around let us know what the final solution was on this. Very frustrating when a thread just dies off without a resolution.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:17 PM

woops sorry man I think I was thread jumping and got confused LOL.. Sounds like a great idea to check those pesky connectors. Lots of awesome real world information here on this forum I like it..

Old 06-01-2020, 12:06 AM
Enthusiast

Hi I’ve had my 2008 Yukon Hybrid for over 5 years now and put about 100k miles on it. For most of this time I have been dealing with this problem. I replaced the hybrid battery pack and that solved the issue for about 6 months but then it came back. I replaced the tps on the throttle body cleaned everything, I’ve done at least 3 transmission fluid and filter changes (super clean every time) but I still have this issue. I’m going to try unplugging and plugging back in the transmission connectors & hopefully it’ll work for me. Also has a check engine light on for 75% of the time I’ve owned it.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:10 PM

Robert so what are the codes associated with this engine light? I started having the lurch issue a few months back and found that #1 cylinder spark plug had lost its ceramic tip. All new plugs (the latest recommended spark plugs yes they are different from Gm original recommendation and factory installed plugs for the 6.0) and smooth as glass at least for right now at 228k miles no telling what might go wrong next.2009 CHEVROLET TAHOE 6.0L V8 ELECTRIC/GAS

ACDELCO

41162 (41-162)

Spark Plug

$ 5.76

$ 0.00

$ 40.32

Shipping

Priority Mail

$ 7.99

Tax

$ 4.47

Order Total

$ 52.78

Last edited by dnt1010; 08-14-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

I replaced my Aux pump and TCM on my 2008 Yukon hybrid and I found this document to be very helpful when ordering the parts from GM parts Direct.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1gmc
I believe the problem is in the connector body. There is a short wiring harness out of the Module with a plug that plugs into the harness I believe is going to the trans aux pump. That is where I think the problem is in my case, and the reason I believe that is they reconfigured the plug and harness on the 2010 and later models. The old aux pump or trans modules are not available and if you replace either one you have to by the matching 2010 module or pump because the siring harness is different. Makes replacing them an expensive project, so whats to loose my unplugging and replugging the harness and conectors? Fixes it for a good while in my case. Good luck. That plug is easy to locate, its down under the aux module which is on the drivers side, below and to the right of the battery, just behind the left end of the radiator. (Right and left being from the drivers viewpoint.

having problems locating this harness.. there’s two connectors right? Right beside each other? Have a small red tab and flip up? Do you happen to have any pictures?