post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

An update:
Ran it up to 99,970 miles and managed to get it into the dealership that has done well for me. Told them to look into the smoke issue, and to go over it for any other issues while they are at it.
Turns out the smoke was white not blue; I hadn't seen it except in a parking ramp lit by sodium lights, so everything is orange no matter what color it actually is. They got it to make the cloud, and decided to change out head gaskets. Not sure what might make head gaskets blow on a modern engine, but regardless I'm more than happy that they did it as warranty work. If that weren't the case I'd have been doing them myself and I don't have time for that during the school year!
No recurring issues with the stalling problem previously stated in the thread, it's never happened again and I'm sure the dealer that took it in cleared everything and tried to make it happen. Dopes.
Also, major props to Ryan Chev out in Buffalo, MN. Anybody in central MN with a hybrid had ought to head their way, as they've been more than good to me in dealing with any questions and warranty work. Even made sure I had a free loaner for the time they were checking the truck out, unlike the other dealer I was dealing with who (over)charged me 150 and I had to notice their error, while they determined that the stalling problem was inconclusive.
Other than the warranty work, I love this truck!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

Evois, thanks for beginning this interesting thread! I'm making sure to document everyone's feedback where many GM departments can see it, I'm available via direct message if any of you would like me to follow up on concerns for you or contact the dealer on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Evois, thanks for beginning this interesting thread! I'm making sure to document everyone's feedback where many GM departments can see it, I'm available via direct message if any of you would like me to follow up on concerns for you or contact the dealer on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service
thanks! I only see this kind of thread in honda, lexus forums. now at least GM can go head to head with other brands in terms of reliability.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service
Over the years I've owned and joined forums dedicated to BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Range Rovers, and Lexus SUVs yet this is the 1st time I've had one of the company reps engage in the conversation.

Thumbs up!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks so much, evois & CYKBC! Glad to be here, and please feel free to send me a direct message anytime if you would like me to document anything further!

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, not 100k, but 90k. I bought it new in '08.
First week was an A/C wire pinched in a cover plate. Replaced under warranty.
Various times I have had door lock actuators fail, and the last one left is intermittent, but tolerable.
I had the oil pressure sensor replaced for the low oil pressure thing, but now I realized it is not a problem if I change the oil at about 15% life left. It only did it when it was below 10% remaining.
No other issue. Never needed a spare tire.
Right now I'm questioning the health of the Hybrid Battery. It is just speculation, as my wife has been primary driver for about a nine months (since I got the Volt), but the fuel mileage is way low, like 15.6MPG. Now, she drives like Mario Andretti, but I seem to remember her getting low-18s. I took it in and they re-sync'd all the computers, but she says it still drives "funny". I'll post if I find something is wrong.
90k down 210k to go...

Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Enthusiast

At 62,500 my 08 Yukon Hybrid started to run ragged and they replaced the engine. Wonder if you have same problem. I don't know full details-did involve cylinder #1 however. Have 12,000 on the new engine, no issues to date.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has gm resolved the door lock motor issue? I'm hoping I'm in the clear with my '13.

Complaints are everywhere on multiple customer forums.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...?displayRecent

Old 12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Administrator

it has been updated since 2011. if yours break, the installed ones usually are trouble free onward.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Administrator

FYI, update on my mileage. after using my escalade wholly as my DD and traveling all over my updated mileage is shown. I'm taking hillbilly's word for it that it can go up to 300k miles( I have 170,824 miles more to burn)

Attached Thumbnails post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!-escalade-mileage.jpg  

Quick Reply: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands