Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim? - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim?

Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim?

Hey all - My 2011 is still under the 100k mi/8 yr warranty threshold for hybrid components. Does anyone know if warranty would still cover whatever is causing my intermittent Service TC/Stabilitrak/Brake System lamp? Brakes still operate fine, no other functional issues but it is a little unsettling. Have not read codes on it, but it's happened three times in the last 4 weeks on cold days. Also have an exhaust leak or lifter tick that's popped up in that time frame as well which I truly hope is covered by warranty.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim?

There should be codes and do NOT forget the Freeze Frames associated with them!

Wiring issues from under body Serial Data wires and or connections will cause the brakes to complain about communication first.

You need to get the brake computer codes if any

Old 12-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid View Post
There should be codes and do NOT forget the Freeze Frames associated with them!

Wiring issues from under body Serial Data wires and or connections will cause the brakes to complain about communication first.

You need to get the brake computer codes if any
Thanks Hillbilly. Weíve narrowed it down to triggering at initial deceleration after being 50+ MPH. Brake warning sometimes goes away after a few minutes of normal driving though traction control/stabilitrak is still disabled. Only seems to happen when vehicle cold soaks overnight and hasnít come back on if driving later in the day. I read codes with my OBDII bluetooth program (using OBD Fusion iPhone app) but I donít think itís pulling EBCM codes - no codes otherwise.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The EBCM is the "canary in the coal mine" early complainer about serial data issues.

If you can get a specific code read on it and it shows communication issues...

It may also be an ABS sensor losing signal. Those vintage vehicles are notorious for wheel bearing issues and the ABS sensors having glitches as the bearing is going early on.