Software options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Software options?

So, is there anyone that has cracked the coding and able to reprogram our ECUs yet?
I am seriously considering supercharging this motor... After all, the Miller-Cycle was designed to use a supercharger to make up for the loss of torque.

I also would like to quicken the shifts up, this 1-2 shift taking more than a full second is rediculous. Think, just a transmission stiffening would take the nearly 9 second run to 60 down to 8.

There are quite a few resources for people to tune the regular cars, so who's got info on this 'special' code?

Old 11-30-2010, 09:34 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default psst....

your dealer can reprogram your chip eliminating the 97 mph cut out etc. with a program that is available to law enforcement officials. You need to have a good friend or a law enforcement 'blessing' to do this. I would assume that since it is from GM your warranty would not be affected.
If you go to an aftermarket solution your engine/drive train warranty could be easily voided by the dealer. Would it hold up in court? I don't know but you would be tied up in legal issues to the point that it wouldnt be worth the trouble GM has LOTS more money than you! (I am assuming!)

Old 11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Software options?

Oh, the speed limiter is not my concern. 97mph is plenty fast enough for a large SUV, they don't handle 'that' well.
It's that with the added airflow from a blower, the fuel and spark tables need to compensate for it. I know the engine warranty would be void, but I plan on keeping this past then anyways.

I'm thinking something like HP Tuners, but have read that doesn't support the hybrid ECU.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
FLY NAVY!

I have not heard of too many aftermarket programs as of yet due to the limited sales volume that the hybrid has. Maybe you could get one of the TV shows on the weekends to do a special on putting a blower on a hybrid!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

Actually that's not a bad idea

Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Administrator

I don't mind the 100mph speedlimiter as long as the 0-100mph can be tuned to be faster and more EV up to 40mph.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does something like the DiabloSport Trinity Tuner do what you are after?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Diabl...Q5fAccessories

Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkelley
Oh, the speed limiter is not my concern. 97mph is plenty fast enough for a large SUV, they don't handle 'that' well.
It's that with the added airflow from a blower, the fuel and spark tables need to compensate for it. I know the engine warranty would be void, but I plan on keeping this past then anyways.

I'm thinking something like HP Tuners, but have read that doesn't support the hybrid ECU.
Nope, HPTuners doesn't support it.
I was working with them for a while trying to at least read it. But no luck.
The next step is to send them my PCM.

EFILive say they should be able to read it, but I would have to spend $500 to upgrade my license.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Nope, HPTuners doesn't support it.
I was working with them for a while trying to at least read it. But no luck.
The next step is to send them my PCM.

EFILive say they should be able to read it, but I would have to spend $500 to upgrade my license.
For what I heard, EFI live have the same problem, not accessing to the ECM as HPTuners.

Their web page states that they can tune 2008-09 GM Truck/Suv Hybrids.

That kind of misleading should be penalize !!!!

$700.00 and you'll find out it doesn't work....oh well !

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HPTuners

HPTuners has acquired a Hybrid computer which they can read on thier bench.
They have sent me several beta's of their software to test.
It's getting close, and I hope they will have it working soon.

Originally Posted by Time Hybrid
For what I heard, EFI live have the same problem, not accessing to the ECM as HPTuners.

Their web page states that they can tune 2008-09 GM Truck/Suv Hybrids.

That kind of misleading should be penalize !!!!

$700.00 and you'll find out it doesn't work....oh well !

Quick Reply: Software options?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands