spare tire-rear muffler

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: spare tire-rear muffler

Ok, so I found out more information about the hybrid add-on spare.

If you want to buy just the tool kit and jack, the cost from GM is around $450. No joke.

The spare wheel package they list on their site for $600 includes the jack, kit, hardware, etc. That is why the price is so high.

I found a local place that sells the spare wheel WITH tire for $60. No joke and that is the NEW price.

I also bought the jack and tool kit for $90 from Ebay since GM wants over $450 for it. Come on.

I am going to ask my dealer how much to install it now since I have most of the items now.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Chevy Man

Great info, thanks! I can't wait to hear what is involved with the dealer mounting it and how much they charge.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

Has anyone else added the 2009 spare tire package?

I need to know the specific parts needed and what they need to do.

I already own a spare wheel and tire and the jack....I just need the other parts to store it below the vehicle.

Please advise.

My dealer never got back to me on parts, etc for it...

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default the mounting points are already there

Originally Posted by nicka
Great info, thanks! I can't wait to hear what is involved with the dealer mounting it and how much they charge.
when I took my resonator off and changed to the new tailpipe the tech told me all the mounting points for the tire carrier were already in place so it would be a simple bolt in situation other than a hole in the bumper for the ratcheting mechanism to pull the spare up or lower it. I assume the tools and jack fit under the rear seat of the non hybrids so you would have to find a stoage area for them, perhaps in the right rear wheel arch plastic cover.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

There is a jack symbol on the driver's side rear wheel well housing drink holder.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

I have available an original (unopened, in the box) factory spare tire kit (wheel, tire and hanger kit) for a Yukon Hybrid. Let me know what you'd like to buy it for...

m

Originally Posted by Gruson
I also want to buy the spare tire kit but their price is way too high. <sigh>

What to do....what to do....

Funny, I paid $600 for some new 18" chrome wheels WITH tires on them (Escalade takeoffs) and they want that price for 1 spare wheel!!!!!

Old 11-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

In 2011 models, the rear resonator is gone.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
aka soulsea

Originally Posted by KC135R
In 2011 models, the rear resonator is gone.
Actually it isn't, it is simply relocated where it has always been on the Escalade and Denali Hybrids.

I just ordered the spare tire kit and upgraded hoist for 22" rims and it is to be installed next week.

When I was looking to purchase it I was confronted with two part numbers for it ... one for pre 11 which was listed at $200 more and the 11+ one.

The reason the pre 11 is so expensive is because it includes a new resonator and relocation hardware which the new trucks don't need ... having already removed my resonator I actually ordered the newer version and saved myself some $.

I got the whole kit without the tire for $350 from the dealer and getting a barely used tire with balancing and mounting for $50 ... so $400 total for peace of mind and not having to fumble about with repair kits on the side of a highway = well worth it.

Good news here is that GM actually learned something and implemented a solution to what was previously a visual catastrophe.

Last edited by HyHoe; 10-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
aka soulsea

Okay so everything for the spare wheel kit came today, including the optional hoist for 22" wheels (bottom of the pic), went to a buddy with a used tire shop and picked an almost new one mounted balanced for $50 ... and I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get it installed.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:19 PM
aka soulsea

Spare tire kit installed:

I know all the non-hybrid guys got this and take it somewhat for granted but this is kind of a biggie for me from a peace of mind pov.

Quick Reply: spare tire-rear muffler

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands