Tahoe Door Lock Actuator Problem, Solution

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe Door Lock Actuator Problem, Solution

Did someone tell you that the ICE needs to be "running" to charge the 12V system?

If so they are flat wrong. In fact the 12V system voltage increases in auto-Stop.

Don't believe me? Plug a volt meter in the 12V cig ltr jack and watch. The SOC of the 12V battery has absolutely nothing to do with ICE on or off.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Winchester_Fire,

I have sent you a direct message and am catching up on this thread today (many apologies for my delay!), and I'm so sorry to hear about your frustration. I look forward to investigating on your behalf and working towards a resolution.

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: Tahoe Door Lock Actuator Problem, Solution dang!

I had a problem that was fixed under warranty and now I am on vacation and wouldn't you know it, my pass. side failed. I may be sending you one to keep for swapping as I won't replace it till I get home next week.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:50 AM
K-9 UNIT

Hillbilly,
I am not sure that anyone told me that, or that I said that. Perhaps what I said could be interpreted to mean that. I don't recall it that is true or not, but I can check. Putting a volt meter on the cigarette lighter would not tell you much. First, the values would be inaccurate due to the resistance of the 20 gauge (off the top of my head) wires that feed them. If you were just looking to see if the voltage was higher or not, it would not prove anything. Unless GM manufactured a vehicle that had 12 Volt outlets that only got power when the vehicle was running on ICE, then there would have to be a way to power the outlets when under battery power. the obvious answer would be to take power from the hybrid battery and put it through a voltage regulator to give 12 volts to the outlets. That would certainly result in a higher voltage than a typical ICE would give. With a running engine, a typical ICE would power the outlets through the alternator more than the battery (when running). The other two options would be that the power is derived from a generator on the electric motor or an alternator on the ICE. Each of those would have their limitations. An unlikely setup would be similar to that of an outboard marine motor. Anyway, I will find out and let you know. In the end, the software update did not fix the Stabilitrak light.

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Did someone tell you that the ICE needs to be "running" to charge the 12V system?

If so they are flat wrong. In fact the 12V system voltage increases in auto-Stop.

Don't believe me? Plug a volt meter in the 12V cig ltr jack and watch. The SOC of the 12V battery has absolutely nothing to do with ICE on or off.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

How about selling just the motor or posting a source for those of us willing to repair them ourselves? Not that big a deal to drill the rivets out then tap and reassemble per my post and video here:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum...44&postcount=6

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

Yes pls email paul@gruvenparts.com

Keep in mind we had to design the new motor for increased durability, then buy 1,000 ea CW and CCW rotational versions of these since its a special design which is not available anywhere, so I had to invest a lot of $ to do this. We also had to buy a mill run of the gear since that is special, too. GM made nothing simple about this lock actuator and definitely did this to make you keep buying new 1s.

Last edited by a2t; 08-23-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Administrator

you will need to apply as vendor to advertise on this site? FYI!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a2t
Yes pls email paul@gruvenparts.com

Keep in mind we had to design the new motor for increased durability, then buy 1,000 ea CW and CCW rotational versions of these since its a special design which is not available anywhere, so I had to invest a lot of $ to do this. We also had to buy a mill run of the gear since that is special, too. GM made nothing simple about this lock actuator and definitely did this to make you keep buying new 1s.

Understand all that, but how about responding to my e-mail about what you will sell the motors with gear for to those of us willing to undertake the repair?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

I must be having email issues, can you please resend it - Paul@gruvenparts.com, please also cc the shop email - pi2060@yahoo.com

We have had a server issue and some emails apparently did not come through.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:46 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a2t
All emails have been replied to, thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Lots of motors in stock now

Quick Reply: Tahoe Door Lock Actuator Problem, Solution

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands