Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Tahoe Hybrid Issues.. Normal? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/tahoe-hybrid-issues-normal-29490/)

HyHoe08 02-27-2014 06:41 PM

Tahoe Hybrid Issues.. Normal?

So,
Recently I`ve purchased a Tahoe Hybrid. Love the car, to say the least. Put it in the shop to have some issues fixed. But two of the issues they are writing off as just being a "Hybrid thing."
Honestly I think they`re just trying to hurry and get my car out the shop so they won`t have to deal with me voicing my unhappiness with the dealership anymore. If anyone has any ideas what can be causing these two issues please let me know. I`m not pulling my car out the shop until they are fixed.
Issue #1
When you use remote start to start the car, (Mostly when its cold outside) it starts, and its like it didn`t register that it started (or the rmp dropped so low almost sounding like its going to cut off) and tries to start again. The dealership witnessed the issue, but they`re trying to say its a "normal occurance."
Issue #2
When I over shifted putting the car in drive one day, I notice that instead of going into Manual 1, it went into M4. I`ve never been in a GM product that starts into M4, I`ve always noticed them going into M1.

I need some ideas, or some help. I honestly think its possibly the transmission.. but like I said, the dealership and I have had some words over the last three weeks since it`s been there and I think they are trying to write it off due to the car being a hybrid, but being a female, they look at me like I have no earthly idea and now I feel like they are just trying to push my car out the shop.
HELP

Hillbilly_Hybrid 02-27-2014 08:11 PM

Re: Tahoe Hybrid Issues.. Normal?

Both normal for an 08. 1) depending on many factors if engine rpm drops the hybrid has to bring it back up. 2) when shifting into "M" Manual it will start at the highest selector. You have to use the "tap" button to bring it down.

JetMech 03-01-2014 10:48 AM

Re: Tahoe Hybrid Issues.. Normal?

Driving and operating section of the hybrid owners manual states

When you move the shift lever into M, the transmission will default to
M4. In this gear range, effective engine braking occurs at speeds above 72 km/h (45 mph).

As for the remote start issue, I can't say one way or the other as mine seems to always be running okay when I remote start and come outside 10 minutes later. But hillbilly is pretty sharp on these vehicles.