Tahoe hybrid misfire? - Page 2 - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

Tahoe hybrid misfire?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe hybrid misfire?

I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with 93K miles. Took it in yesterday for a misfire (P0300) and after some research they found a Tech Bulletin on the issue. The valve (#4 in my case) was letting in too much oil. This was a GM warranty issue, so did not have to pay for anything other than an oil change, as my oil was about a quart and a half low.
EDIT:
From the Repair order: 93391 P0300 eng miss fire detected. found sparkplug cyl1 oil fouled. replaced Valve Rocker Arm Cover and spark plug. J7576 1.2 per bulletin 12-06-01-001B
Parts and Labor 237.46 (warranty item)

If you are having the same issue, have your mechanic look for the bulletin above. My car is running smooth again!

Last edited by Cygnus9th; 04-30-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you all for the great info. Have not been on the forum for a while but am still loving the Tahoe. The issue I was having with misfire notifications went away after I used Chevron Techron fuel additive.... I can't believe it either but I kid you not that stuff works. Not sure that it did but perhaps cleared out some gunk in the fuel line that was causing improper firing. I buy the stuff by the case now and use it almost every other fill up.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 PM
FLY NAVY!

Techron fuel additive.... I use ONLY chevron in all my fuel injected cars and I have never had a fuel related issue, its great stuff!

Old 07-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Techron, it works. Years ago BMW used to recommend it as regular maintenenance for it's M cars, I've been using it since and never had a fuel related issue that I can recall. They sell it by the case at Costco in my area. Chevron puts a small amount in the Premium Gasoline they sell at their stations. Also, I think it's important to only use "Top Tier" Gasoline, it's higher grade gasoline with a better detergent concentration level.(Google Top Tier Gasoline) Modern Internal combustion engines have very tight tolerances and even a "booger" on top of a piston can wreak havoc with the computer.