Transmission Issues - 2WD Tahoe??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Transmission Issues - 2WD Tahoe??

I'm posting in this thread as well as the one titled Jolt Issue, because the symptoms appear to be the same. I recently had a data recorder installed in my car to try to capture the hesitation, engine flares and transmission slip since the dealer couldn't get it to replicate. The data recorder was set up to record transmission info and I was able to record the problem on at least three different occasions. I also recorded the instrument cluster with my video cam showing the car stopping/hesitating after shifting from reverse to drive and watching the engine flare to 2000 rpm without being able to go anywhere.

The dealer said he could see the event on the data recorder and was sending everything to GM for review. He also gave me a copy of the TSB they think is related. I have had the procedure from the TSB performed twice without resolution. At this point, it's up to GM to give the go ahead to dig further into the problem. I'm not sure what is next up their sleeve, but there definitely seems to be a problem and GM is aware of it. My Yukon exhibits just about all of the symptoms listed in the TSB but doesn't record any codes.

Anyway, I'm just posting this to see if it might help anyone else or to see if anyone else is having the same problems and/or might have a solution. Thanks to everyone. This is a great forum.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GM Hybrid TSB.pdf (219.8 KB, 800 views)
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Enthusiast

i have experience the same with my truck. i didnt really worry about it, because i thought it was the 2mode system kicking in. i am curious to see what your mechanic says!

ben

Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Any updates? I am having the same issues here in Phoenix.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

For some reason it seems that the 2008 models have had there issues 2009 and forward seem to have fewer, Reroute and new style wiring harnesses??

Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kecusc
Hi KC,

Well my Yukon is back in the shop for the same problems as noted before. I checked the electronics coolant tank and it appears to be full, although I can't say whether there is a blockage or not. Last time I was there, the tech drove around with me for a while trying to get it to reproduce, but of course it wouldn't. He had the Tech2 hooked up and said everything was looking fine. I did ask about the 300V batteries and the possibility of a bad cell or something, and he said he had checked the batteries and all was clear. The power limiting idea seems to make sense, although because it is intermittent, the dealer is having trouble diagnosing the problem. I have contacted GM to file a complaint and they are looking into the issue to see what they can do. I will keep you posted. I'm beginning to think that something is wrong with the Battery Pack that causes problems at high temps and after repeated driving. It only seems to malfunction this way after it has been driven for a bit, sits for a while then driven again. It's as if the batteries were drained from the driving, AC use, temp, etc then never recharged properly before the car is parked. Then when driving it again, the batteries just can't keep up until they are recharged.

I bought the car new in July 2009 but it's a 2008 model built in 02/08. The problems started appearing late summer in 2009, went away when the weather cooled over the fall, winter and spring, then started up again this summer.

Anyway, Thanks for the help. As I mentioned, it's back at the dealer now to look into the problem. There's also some new problems now with the fuel gauge and oil gauge fluctuating that have occurred since they worked on it last time. I'm not sure if they are related, but I'm having nothing but trouble lately with this one.

Patrick

Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello I'm thinking of buying a 08 and would like to know if u still have yours and if u would recommend owning one ? To very much for u time in responding

Old 03-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Administrator

i would avoid an 08 unless it is something forced on you to buy. the cost of ownership will not be worth the initial price. and don't come here and say it is the worst vehicle owned? after buying a 90k or 100k mile vehicle and owning it for three months or so? unreal expectations. you get what you paid for.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

New factory motor installed at dealership 1600 miles ago . $18000..anything to check for in particular

Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Administrator

nothing really to check. the system is built to last if factory. I would get a warranty,

Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've never owned a hybrid anything and love the look of Yukon but 14 city mug is to hharsh so the 20 city which I'd call my area suburban more then city so the twenty even 18 is great but as always u are correct u get what u pay for that's your I'm asking is this truck generally dependable and as the warranty I was thinking of call gm for extended one? Any other thoughts...$18000 good or bad price

Quick Reply: Transmission Issues - 2WD Tahoe??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands