Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
We have a Yakima box with cross bars and clips that stores by hanging it from the garage ceiling exactly as it would ride on the vehicle - that was an 07 Civic. Without having the bars or rack on the roof of my vehicle, it is aerodynamically clean and when needed, it's not that diffcult to slip on.
Wow - the last post made me check Yakima's site for the needed clips etc to mount the box we have to the roof. Yakima has a solution for a regular Tahoe but nothing on the site for the hybrid. I guess my box sits until they figure something out!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Enthusiast

i want to now about power split device at hybrid cares plzzzzzzz

Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Martin, let us know what you find out. I saw that Thule makes rails that you attach through the sheet metal with flare nuts (Thule TP54). Rackattack.com has a video on how they are installed. However, I wouldn't be that comfortable just going through sheet metal, especially with a box mounted on top going 60mph.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

I would also like to know about installing a roof rack. I have two SOT kayaks 13' long I need to carry when towing my TT. When I contacted GM they went to my dealers parts guy who told them no. Seems strange to me that the company would go to my local dealer for an answer.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by martinjlm
Guys,

Before you go too far with installing racks on Tahoes, let me find out if the roof panel is one of the panels that was switched from steel to aluminum for weight savings. If so, you may not be doing yourselves any favors here.

I know that the PRIMARY reason for making the roof rack not available for the hybrid is the impact of aerodynamics. Even as an option, EPA would have required factoring it into the FE estimate calculations and it is a big hitter.

The Escalade is not within the EPA regulated fleet, so there were fewer changes made to it, therefore, the roof rack is included. My sources for info on the roof are on vacation (as am I) until the first week of January, but I will check into it for you.

Martin
The roof panel WAS NOT switched to aluminum to achieve the mass savings. It is the same steel panel as other Tahoes and Yukons. The deletion of the roof rack is critical to achieving the aero profile necessary for T2M / Y2M to meet f/e targets. It can not be made a dealer install option because if it penetrates at 10% or more of total sales, the EPA test would need to be re-run with roof rack included.

Now you know what I know.

Peace,

Martin

Old 01-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a $40 off coupon from Lewis & Clark for puchases over $100 - they carry the Yakima brand - Yakima has the Q clips. I will run by there and see what they have for a regular Tahoe in the next day or two and post unless someone gets there before me.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast

Hey Tijbbari- Great advise! Any way to save money. We just moved to Lake Tahoe and will be doing a lot of skiing. I hear the fan too but only when hot outside. I love our Hybrid, trying to go Green with a lot of things there days.

Thanks buster

Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinjlm
Guys,

Before you go too far with installing racks on Tahoes, let me find out if the roof panel is one of the panels that was switched from steel to aluminum for weight savings. If so, you may not be doing yourselves any favors here.

I know that the PRIMARY reason for making the roof rack not available for the hybrid is the impact of aerodynamics. Even as an option, EPA would have required factoring it into the FE estimate calculations and it is a big hitter.

The Escalade is not within the EPA regulated fleet, so there were fewer changes made to it, therefore, the roof rack is included. My sources for info on the roof are on vacation (as am I) until the first week of January, but I will check into it for you.

Martin
I was wondering why the Escalade was not within the EPA regulated fleet?

Thanks,

Macmtr

Old 02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

Ok,

Can someone let me know what the total cost would be to have let's say the LTZ roof rack installed on a Hybrid?

Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by macmtr
I was wondering why the Escalade was not within the EPA regulated fleet?

Thanks,

Macmtr
Vehicles over a certain weight are considered outside of the regulated fleet. This is primarily intended to not penalize work trucks.

Quick Reply: Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands