Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Defender
Default Re: Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Originally Posted by nicka
Luckily many of the techs there used to work for me and I know the service manager who replaced me well. I just got my Tahoe back a couple weeks ago after they had to replace the engine and it has been fine up until tonight. I am pretty confident it is a battery issue so I am going by there in the am. I will let you know what happens.
OMG, I had forgotten completely that you were the one who needed an engine replacement. If you, as an ex-SM of your own shop could not get your vehicle working right, what are the chances of us mere mortals of getting anything fixed at GM?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Chevy Man
Default Re: Two questions/problems with my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Originally Posted by Defender
It is your time to share after the vehicle comes out of the shop.
I took my truck in today and my battery did test bad so I was a bit relieved. They changed the battery to the new one mentioned in the PI and when they reprogrammed the BCM it did, in fact, upload the update for the charging system relating to the new size battery.

So far, so good. The fact that the battery did test bad and I witnessed the test and printout from the tester makes me feel pretty confident. Also, there were a lot of other special procedures the tech had to follow when replacing the battery and programming. It is amazing how different it is to work on a Hybrid. There is a LOT of additional training and much different procedures used when working on these so my only advice is to be sure that when anyone takes their Hybrid in that they specifically ask that a Hybid Certified or trained tech works on it. One missed or incorrect step can cause a LOT of problems for them and also the customer.