Unexpected Benefits

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Unexpected Benefits

Last night I was sitting in the car waiting for my wife to come out of the grocery store. I had it in Park with the ignition on. I realized what a cool benefit it was to be able to have the engine off, but the A/C and the stereo running without the engine running. I know it would have to come on eventually if I sat long enough, but I had run my battery down a few times in my old car just listening to the radio with the engine off.

Also, my dealer never told me about the tax credit when selling the car. Talk about an unexpected benefit!

Does anyone else have anything they really like about the Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon that didn't seem obvious when it was purchased?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Unexpected Benefits

I had no idea it had the rear view camera and parking sensor. Those 2 yellow lights and one red light you easily view in the rearview mirror were also an added bonus.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
04 prius 350,000km

with a full charge battery a prius can run its a/c on a pretty comfortable setting and maybe idle with the engine off for 20 min, with no ac that almost doubles. Is it the same with the tahoe yukon?

and i notice the ground clearance on the yukon is .5 inches higher than the tahoe (9.0 inches) so yukon sits higher!

and when you fold one of the 60/40 seats in the 2nd row, driving with them fold like that doesn't create unexpected results does it? i heard they slide back and forth creating a hazard.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philmcneal
with a full charge battery a prius can run its a/c on a pretty comfortable setting and maybe idle with the engine off for 20 min, with no ac that almost doubles. Is it the same with the tahoe yukon?

and i notice the ground clearance on the yukon is .5 inches higher than the tahoe (9.0 inches) so yukon sits higher!

and when you fold one of the 60/40 seats in the 2nd row, driving with them fold like that doesn't create unexpected results does it? i heard they slide back and forth creating a hazard.
RE: 2nd row folding seats. I wouldn't state that they create a hazard. ALL passengers should be seated properly and use a seatbelt. Period. Those who are complaining allow unsafe conditions, such as unsecured passengers in the area when the seats are folded down. create this condition to begin with.

That being said, I do believe that the seats should lock into place. While they might rock a bit backwards on acceleration, unless you're attempting to set a 1/4 mile record, it's a non-issue.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

They fold down with no problem. If lifted to get more cargo space, they don't lock.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

I meant the seats *should* lock into place when lifted for storage. I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM
04 prius 350,000km

i notice the 3rd row seat has plenty of shoulder room , but unfortunately the 3rd row leg room is only 26 inches (compared to 38 inches in the 2nd row). Is there anyway you can move the 2nd row up a bit so 3rd row passengers won't cry?