Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Used battery? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/used-battery-31831/)

S Keith 02-02-2019 10:55 AM

Re: Used battery?

I have just received the actual story from the owner of Bumblebee. You have absolutely, positively misrepresented the sequence of events and the commitments made. You were explicitly told that they were not new modules but that they were tested modules for $42. When you complained that you could get used ones on eBay for $30, they refunded the difference. USED modules are different than TESTED modules. Used modules means you know absolutely nothing about them. TESTED means you know everything about them. The BB modules are likely LIKE NEW or NEAR NEW in their relevant performance metrics.

I have known the owner of Bumblebee for YEARS. He is an extremely ethical person and will go to great lengths to ensure things are done the right way, and his reputation reflects this. In this matter, YOU have demonstrated yourself to be less than ethical.

dnt1010 02-02-2019 03:26 PM

I appreciate you defending your friends however the facts are the facts no matter how you feel about it. I simply called and asked for new batteries I was told that they had them for 42 bucks each which sounded great so I ordered a box of 6. When they came in they were old used batteries simple as that. They offered for me to return them IF I paid for the return shipping and a restocking fee but I found that to be unacceptable. I asked to pay average market value of 30 bucks and they did credit my CC for a few dollars so that is a plus on their side. If I had been told that these were used reconditioned modules I would never have ordered them!.What would I have to gain by going through all that hassle? Now here is my issue with you questioning my honesty/integrity and ethics. It is very offensive and completely uncalled for. I will ask you to STOP with the insults. If you cannot control your emotions and keep a civil tongue on here maybe you should take a break for a while?.

S Keith 02-02-2019 08:26 PM

Funny you used the word "facts". You should understand what that means. You've only made claims. Given the known credibility of Bumblebee, their claims are most likely the facts. I suspect you're just a sh!t stirrer who likes to play games. Your behavior on this site supports that.

You've also admitted to being less than ethical. You're trying to sell a ragged out battery for $1500 to some sucker on craigslist instead of just turning it in as a core.

dnt1010 02-03-2019 05:29 AM

I received a call from one of your "friends" telling me how much you struggle daily with Autism. I was informed that you are a classic case of a high functioning "Autistic" person. Your world is completely different from reality and a lot of things here in the normal world just do not make sense to you, I have heard that a rubber band on your wrist that you can "snap" every few seconds to draw your attention and focus can help with that. (check out Ben Afleck in the movie The Accountant) It is also very important to get on and stay on your regular medication regiment as prescribed by your doctor.
Hopefully other posters are now aware of your shortcomings and will try to make allowances for you. it is sad that you are constantly agitated by normal people.
I do want to assure you that any profit that I am able to turn on this battery sell will be promptly donated to the American Autism Association.
I hope this helps.have a great day. GO RAMS

S Keith 02-03-2019 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by dnt1010 (Post 267345)
I received a call from one of your "friends" telling me how much you struggle daily with Autism. I was informed that you are a classic case of a high functioning "Autistic" person. Your world is completely different from reality and a lot of things here in the normal world just do not make sense to you, I have heard that a rubber band on your wrist that you can "snap" every few seconds to draw your attention and focus can help with that. (check out Ben Afleck in the movie The Accountant) It is also very important to get on and stay on your regular medication regiment as prescribed by your doctor.
Hopefully other posters are now aware of your shortcomings and will try to make allowances for you. it is sad that you are constantly agitated by normal people.
I do want to assure you that any profit that I am able to turn on this battery sell will be promptly donated to the American Autism Association.
I hope this helps.have a great day. GO RAMS

Quoted for the absurdity that it is. That you would even type this really gives insight into the type of person you are.

Yukon19154 02-03-2019 06:47 AM

The 1500 junk battery thing, especially when they're available from salvage yards for less money, already said something to me. Seeing the reply just digs a deeper hole.

Ckleven 02-03-2019 08:17 AM

It'd be great if we could get back on topic here. Any thoughts or experience with the Bumblebee battery option? Any comparison to greenbean? Any other companies offering a rebuilt option?

dnt1010 02-07-2019 11:11 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gre...d5f7ad5255.jpg
Good thinking Ckleven. I just had my fill of the abrasive attitude from that guy. New battery just came in today. I have not popped the crate open yet, maybe this weekend. On the old battery for sale, in my area the 40 module GM packs with the fan as an integral part of the assembly are 1500 minimum at ALL salvage yards and it is hard if not impossible to verify how long it has sat without being used. It is easy to verify when it came to the yard but it may have sat for months at a body shop etc.. Prices on these particular packs are increasing on new and used. Low production numbers and the product being discontinued just add to the pain. Markets change rapidly and it is hard to keep up with values sometimes unless you are actually in it and shopping..... If you guys find (OEM unmolested) GM Two Mode packs complete for cheap I will buy every single one LOL. One thing I found was that most of the packs that you find in a salvage yard will be ones that people have dug into and molested. I am sure a person could "win the lotto" so to speak and get one that had been recently replaced with new, if they had the time and were persistent enough, odds are just to slim for me and I have wasted hours on the internet and making calls already.
Anyway if weather is good this weekend I will be swapping in the new pack and in the near future I plan on opening up the old one and doing some tests and post them.
I am super curious as to how the OEM modules have actually held up over 10 years and +200k miles. There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy posted some awesome spreadsheets with great data on his old two mode battery. It showed that almost all his modules were bad. His driving symptoms were much worse than anything that I have ever had with mine though and that makes me more optimistic that I may have a lot more use-able modules. We shall all see soon.

Yukon19154 02-07-2019 11:24 AM

I paid 850 for a good used battery, and the truck runs fine, it was tested and warrantied. There are plenty available from salvage yards for under 1500, but with reconditioned for under 3k with a warranty why would anyone spend 1500 for a used one?

First sign of trouble with this used one, I'll be headed to dealer to get a new one installed, or since they're so easy to change (for anyone that can handle the weight) I'll probably just do it myself.

For anyone short on cash like I was after buying the GM trans, here's two sites that would list available batteries from many salvage yards;

http://www.car-part.com
Or Hollanderparts.com

There's at least 10 for under 1250 on car-part right now, with 3 or so under 1000.

S Keith 02-07-2019 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon19154 (Post 267380)
I paid 850 for a good used battery, and the truck runs fine, it was tested and warrantied. There are plenty available from salvage yards for under 1500, but with reconditioned for under 3k with a warranty why would anyone spend 1500 for a used one?

First sign of trouble with this used one, I'll be headed to dealer to get a new one installed, or since they're so easy to change (for anyone that can handle the weight) I'll probably just do it myself.

For anyone short on cash like I was after buying the GM trans, here's two sites that would list available batteries from many salvage yards;

http://www.car-part.com
Or Hollanderparts.com

There's at least 10 for under 1250 on car-part right now, with 3 or so under 1000.

https://www.lkqonline.com/ is another one (didn't check to see if they have any available, but it's a good resource for salvage parts).

Don't bother him with facts. He'll rationalize whatever he wants to support his decision. He has already concocted the story that supports his decision to screw somebody else. I also noted that he didn't commit to opening the new pack and actually confirming these are "new" modules.

Additionally, we can expect him to back pedal when Jaime actually discloses the time, equipment and discipline needed to test these in a meaningful way. Lastly, at this point, I personally can't trust that anything he posts is trustworthy unless it's verified by a second party or by presenting supportive objective evidence.