Warning..may stall increasing the risk of a crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Hybrid in Jordan
Default Warning..may stall increasing the risk of a crash

My 2008 Yukon Hybrid stalls when I lease expected. very life threatening issue that GM didn't address right away. it was months before GM posted the issue on their board about a default in the transmission wiring harness.

Have any one in the US received any notification in the mail from GM to worn you about the life threatening issue..!

I'm back to the US and submitted my invoices ($1600) to GMC claim office and they are referring me to call some number overseas since mine was shipped to Jordan...!

Any one know if GM officially issue a recall on this. I need to make sure of this before contacting lemon law attorney.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Administrator
Default Re: Warning..may stall increasing the risk of a crash

it is just a software update on the tranny ecu. that is all. not a recall but a tsb.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default well not really that dangerous

mine stalled twice due to the wiring harness issue...it was actually a faulty crimp in a subcontracted wiring harness, not built by GM. they replaced the harness and no further problems. the engine shut off but steering and braking were normal as I pulled to the side of the road.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warning..may stall increasing the risk of a crash

Omar,
I hope they do take care of you on it. I know they have stepped up and resolved every complaint I have heard about, and there have only been a handful. But being an overseas unit and dealing with it here is setting yourself up for the "corporate runaround". I hope this does not happen, but I can see it starting.
Try and see if you can get a regional or national manager to call the overseas number with you.