what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Default what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

like the brilliant stance(escalade) with a green mileage! the option of selectable 4wd was cumbersome at first but was the choice in the right direction when you want to maximize your mileage. when city driving you notice your mileage getting better instead of the other way around. having a big SUV without the guilt, in the pocket and otherwise keep this body style for a few more years before a redesign, it works. 2 mode is the next best thing from GM.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

That's awesome. Anyone else? I have run GM Diesels for years and am considering getting the wife a Tahoe Hybrid to replace her Echo then I could fit into it. Any mechanics out there have any concerns? What do you think these trucks will work like after the warrenty is up? Thanks.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maclean the Tahoe Hybrid is absolutly awsome I have had very little trouble and have posted a thread "Issues in 20,000KMs". Mainly cosmetics. As far as 200,000KM down the road I see no major issues like our Duramax. I found it takes a little getting used to driving the Tahoe Hybrid for maxmium MPG and performance, The ECO meter helps with that and when requiring max acceleration a constant an even throttle responce to 3/4" throttle is the best way to go. When in EV mode in a small town everyone is looking at you and at one point a pedestrion crossing the street asked if I was having engine trouble. Great design and an excellent product given the size it is and the towing capacity it has as a Hybrid. Just have a look at this site, it helps.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default in short everything!

It is the perfect mix of form and function for me. Previously I have had a Mercedes ML 55 AMG, 2 range rovers, a jeep grand cherokee 5.9 and others. All had their good and bad points but in total the Yukon Hybrid has taken all of the best features of these and collected them in one package. Could some things be different YES, but they are more personal choices than they would be upgrades, one example being the European BMW nav system which is very good. i would have designed some of the hybrid functionality differently as well.
Overall I see no reason to change to anything other than this vehicle for the near future!
Thanks GM!

Last edited by jet1; 02-26-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Yes and Jet 1 would also like to see the retractable L-39 Tow Bar option with pop-up lights and sirens.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:57 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default well

the tow bar is actually just a 3 foot extension that plugs in to the hitch and has a u yoke with a pin through it to hook to a stock l 39 tow bar so that the nose gear is not over angled.
the lights are a roof mount secret service light bar and yes it has a siren (not connected) and grill and rear flashing lights.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Well we could call this the Jet1 L-39A option. B would be with siren connected through 1,000 watt amp

Old 03-03-2010, 12:51 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default oh.....and I ESPECIALLY LIKE HOW WELL THE BRAKES WORK!

they stop fast and effectively EVERY TIME!

Old 03-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Administrator

I'm glad my escalade with its 4 wheel ventilated discs stop when it needs to without being too grabby that I would get rear ended

Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 AM

No brake issues here.

Quick Reply: what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands